I used to dye my hair a lot when I was in my teens purple, red what not. I used to use tincture iodine to make it shine purple in the sun. I stopped when I got married. I had two options ‘dye my hair’ or look after the house! So here I was 10 years later looking at my hair in the mirror a week before we had to go to Lucknow for a family reunion. I thought some ‘renovating’ and beautifying was in order and what really stood out was the grey hair scattered all over.
I generally like grey hair on a head cause it shows age and wisdom mostly and my husband and I decided we would never dye our hair but….then the thought of going to the reunion looking tip top got the better of me and it was then that I thought about colouring my hair. I picked up this product from Beauty Cener in Kandivali West.
- Price: INR 500/-
- Quantity: A tube of Creme colourant 47.5 gms , A bottle of Developer 72ml, Nutri Shine Conditioner 40 gms + 1 bottle of Loreal colour Protect Protecting Shampoo (FREE with every pack)
Casting Creme Gloss is a no ammonia hair colourant. ‘No Ammonia’ wow! That was all the incentive I needed to choose that particular brand. It claims to give your hair visible shimmering tones, glossy shine and cover all of your grey hair. As adviced by Loreal you should do a patch test before applying the dye. Believe me you don’t want to have an allergic reaction.
They have packed the box very nicely and it contains all that is necessary. They have a nice instruction leaflet that is both in English and Hindi. For the patch test all you have to do it put a tiny pea size amount of creme colourant from the tube behind your ear lobe. Now you can either do global hair colour or just a touch up. I did a global thing. That means I coloured all the hair on my head!
The colour I chose was Dark Brown 400. It seemed to be closest to my hair colour and most natural. The entire process is super easy. To use the dye all you ahve to do is empty the entire creme colourant into the bottle of developer, shake it well and then apply it from the bottle of developer all over all over your hair. I just did it like I would shampoo. So I rubbed it all over and left it for the prescribed time. If you just want to do touch ups to that hair that is already dyed then you will need half or may be quarter of the developer and colourant. For a small amount mixing can be done in a katori with a dye brush.
I then used the hand shower over my head and let the water run until there was no more dye to rinse out of my hair. I followed up with the conditioner included in the pack. That’s it! The results are in the picture below. Beautiful, coloured, glossy hair. I was so happy with the product and procedure.
Now, one thing to remember is that ammonia or not it’s all chemical anyway and I don’t believe them when they say there is not a drop of ammonia. It will probably have just a tiny bit, unlike Garnier that will make you bald! If you can avoid colour there is nothing like it. I would not suggest henna unless you have the plant at home and are going to make your own mixture. Today most of the henna has dye in it. My mom did a test one time to prove it to me but I don’t remember what she did. I personally will not dye my hair agin until the next reunion. Grey hair is natural and it’s alright really. Somethings you just got to accept and live with. That would be your spouse and grey hair!
What I like about LOREAL PARIS CASTING Creme Gloss:
- No Ammonia
- Good price for a good product
- Super easy to mix and apply
- Can be done in the comfort of your own home
- Quick and reliable
- Availiable online and in stores across the country
- Saves money and a trip to the salon
What I don’t like about LOREAL PARIS CASTING Creme Gloss:
- All said and done it is a chemical product
Have you tried LOREAL PARIS CASTING Creme Gloss?
You may also enjoy reading:
- 8 L’oreal Paris Infalliable 24 HR Eyeshadow Swatches
- L’oreal Paris Fall Repair Anti-Hair Fall Tonic Leave In Review
- L’oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick in Rambling Rose Review & Swatches
- L’oreal MagicSmooth Souffle Blush Celestial Divin: Review & Swatches
- L’Oréal Paris Glam Shine Reflexion Lip Gloss Shade 05 & 179 Review
- L’oreal Contour Khol Vert Profond Deep Green & Brun Chrome Brown Review
- L’Oreal Color Riche Intense Fuchsia 288 Lipstick Review and Swatches
- L’oreal Hot Style Iron Finish Review