The last time I got myself a compact was the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. After that I promised myself I wouldn’t buy another one especially since I had a ton of other finishing powders to finish like the Sue Devitt Finishing Powder and the Kryolan Loose Powder (which I think will last till my great grandchildren discover makeup). But then when I visited MAC early this year I was quite smitten with their MSF Natural powders. Unfortunately they never had my shade in stock (Medium Plus) so I had given up on it for a bit.
Then in June when I was at Chennai, I happened to meet up with Deepika who took me on a Chennai tour which ofcourse included makeup shopping (no surprises there!). The MAC store there also didn’t have the Medium Plus MSF shade and I was quite disappointed. The MUA there then suggested an alternative..The Studio Careblend Pressed Powder. I was a bit skeptical since it seemed like any other pressed powder but then he applied it on me and I was sold! Although I should mention that both this and the MSF natural are not the same in any way…
Studio Careblend Pressed Powder fuses high technology with botanical extracts to give “real women” and make-up artists a unique, creamy feel to the touch. The luxurious powder glides onto skin, yielding an undetectable finish without a dry powdery look – leaving the skin feeling tremendously comfortable.
Studio Careblend Pressed Powder provides sheer to medium coverage with perfect skin adhesion that helps to create a more flawless, refined look to skin. Studio Careblend Pressed Powder’s versatility allows users to apply it alone, over moisturized skin, atop foundation to set, or simply to touch up and perfect skin throughout the day.
Studio Careblend Pressed Powder has a super comfortable, weightless cream-like feel on skin, thanks to our unique botanical complex that consists of Safflower Seed Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil and Lecithin. This “Comfort Complex” helps contribute not only to the beautiful skin adhesion and flawless finish look, but it also ensures that the powder will be non-drying, non-powdery and extremely comfortable to wear for all skin types.
- Price: INR 1500
- Quantity: 10gms
My take on MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder :
- Packaging: This comes in a round black compact with a mirror and an applicator puff. It’s quite sturdy and travel friendly especially since it doesn’t have the clear see-through lid which usually tends to pop off if any pressure is inadvertently applied to it.
- Coverage: This provides light to medium coverage. Infact, it’s good as a tinted moisturizer and many times I just use this atop my sunscreen and I’m set for the day.
- Texture: This is the best part..and the most unique. Post powders feel powdery and….well, like powders…but this formula is more on the creamy side. If I swipe my finger in the pan, it feels like I’m swirling my fingers in cream. Its amazingly souffle-soft and extremely light….lighter than even the Lakme Perfect Radiance Compact which by far was the lightest formula I found till date.
- Staying Power: This lasts about 3- 3.5hrs on my face which is impressive for a face powder. This is within office premises..While outside, it lasts for about 2.5hrs max. After that, the skin doesn’t look oily or anything, but the silky finish this seems to add to the skin tends to fade..
As the MUA suggested I also use this as a finishing powder. I always use a powder puff with this instead of a brush and press the powder into my skin rather than passing it over my face. This is just a personal preference since I feel like the powder lasts longer this way and also my skin seems to look more even.
I have combi to dry skin and this suits me perfectly. I’ve known oilies who have also raved about this although I’m not sure how it would fare on extremely dry skin….guess I’ll have to wait for winters to test for that
I’ve been using this quite a lot along with the MSF Natural (which I finally managed to get from Hyderabad) and what I like best about this is the glow it seems to give to my skin. It mattifies my skin very well and in a jiffy but never makes it look dry like the Maybelline Dream compact. This can be attributed to the formula I guess. The creamy texture just makes such a huge difference. I’d advice you to just go and try it out. Just by glancing at this, I’d have never thought it would be any different from a regular compact but this is absolutely wonderful and a unique product.
What I like about MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder
- Suits my combi-dry skin very well.
- The creamy formula is just amazing.
- Mattifies the skin effectively without making it look dry.
- Provides medium coverage. Hence, I can easily apply this and walk out without bothering about a tinted moisturizer even!
- Compact and travel friendly.
- Comes with a mirror and a good quality applicator puff.
- It’s feel very light.. Infact, it feels like nothing..unlike other powders which on application, does feel like something has been applied.
- Comes in a huge array of shades to suit you. I am a NC/NW 30-35 and I use Medium Plus.
What I dislike about MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder
- Really pricey at 1500bucks.
Ratings: 4.5/5 (-.5 just because I find it too pricey)
You may also like to read:
- MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow: Review, Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Sketch Review & Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow in Moleskin: Review & Swatches
- 11 MAC Eyeshadows For Brown Eyes
- 5 Ways To Use MAC Espresso Eyeshadow & MAC Espresso Swatches
- MAC Mythical Eyeshadow Review, Swatch & EOTD (Tutotrial)
- MAC Sumptuous Olive Eyeshadow Dupe – Inglot Pearl 433 Eyeshadow