This lip liner was my first ever purchase from Mary Kay last year. I picked it up from Ebay on discount. I’ve never really been a lip liner gal, but this shade kinda called out to me and being a sucker for pink meant I couldn’t resist temptation
About Mary Kay Lip Liners:
Twist, line, twist back. Mary Kay® Lip Liner features a smooth, creamy, waterproof formula and a retractable pencil that never needs sharpening. It glides on easily with a clean, precise line that perfectly defines lips. And the color coding outside quickly tells you the shade inside.
My experience with Mary Kay Lip Liner in Dusty Pink:
- Packaging: This is a tiny, thin retractable pencil which is soooo tiny that it can fit into any tiny slot….even a denims pocket easily without fear of breaking!
- Color: This shade is an amazing dusty rose and is totally matte.
- Pigmentation & Texture: It’s really pigmented and this is visible in the swatches below which is just a single swipe (or stroke). It’s also creamy yet firm. So no danger of it breaking midway during application.
- Staying Power: This really does prolong the wear of a lipstick when used underneath as a base. Sometimes, I use this alone with a balm underneath as a lipstick and it looks really pretty. It isn’t drying either so no tension of it sinking into the lip lines.
I like this a lot because of the shade and how versatile it is. As you know, I have a lot of pink lipsticks and this shade is a perfect match to most of them. So it’s like a ‘One-shade-fits-all’ sort of a shade. I use it as a lip liner, as a lipstick over a balm and even all over my lips as a base before applying lipstick to ensure longer staying power.
I honestly can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t like this. It would suit almost all skintones and would work with a lot many lipsticks. So if you’re into lip liners, this lip liner or rather this shade would be a must have!
What I like about Mary Kay Lip Liner in Dusty Pink:
- Smooth texture yet firm…So no danger of snapping off mid way.
- No shimmer so it can be used anytime
- Doesn’t settle into my lip lines
- Compact and functional packaging
- Its a retractable pencil so no worry of sharpening
- It really is waterproof ( tried and tested in Pune rains)
- Glides easily over the lips.
- Can be used with a lot of pink lipsticks
- Can be used as a lipstick as well.
- This color would suit almost all skin tones.
What I don’t like about Mary Kay Lip Liner in Dusty Pink:
- Can get Mary Kay products only through consultants
- I find it quite pricey for the amount
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Value: 4.5/5
Have you ever tried the Mary Kay lip liners??
You may also enjoy reading:
- Mary Kay Oil Free Makeup remover
- Mary Kay Botanical Formula 3 Moisturiser
- Mary Kay cheek Glaze Pomegranate Review & Swatches