You know how when you’re at the supermarket, these pushy S.A’s chase you with a bottle in hand and try to persuade you to buy something from the brand that they’re supposed to sell?? Well, I was doing my grocery shopping and I had just managed to dodge the Olay S.A. with a polite smile, a lot of nodding and a “No, thank you”, when the Nivea S.A jumped in front of me and began rambling on about God-knows-what! I wasn’t really paying attention since I’d already built a mental wall between myself and her and was waiting for her to finish so that I could repeat the “No, thank you” and the smiling and the nodding. That’s when the words “free” caught my attention and I was like “Huh? What was that again?” It turned out, if I buy something from Nivea for Rs.500, I get a body lotion free. I couldn’t believe my eyes….if I buy something for just 500, I get a humungous 250 ml lotion free??!! Now that’s what I call a deal! I hurriedly rushed to the Nivea counter to pick something but all I liked was a lip balm. So hubby and I kept calculating the total while picking up and putting back products from the shelf. It was so funny and I couldn’t help giggling . Finally, we decided on some stuff for hubby like Shaving foam etc. and that’s precisely how I landed up with body lotion. Phew! I will not test your patience any further and head straight to the review
Check out Parachute Advansed Body Lotion Review
About Nivea Whitening Cell Repair & UV Protect Body Lotion:-
Specially developed for the needs of Asian skin, offers the power of nature with 40 times higher Vitamin C concentration that works from deep within and repairs skin layer by layer to recover skin’s white tone (even with frequent sun exposure).
The innovative fast absorbing formula with unique Super Fruit extracts – Acerola Cherry and Camu Camu – repairs accumulated damaged dull skin and boosts skin’s natural barrier to fight sun induced skin damage for radiant skin. Its advanced UVA/UVB filters protect your skin from UV – rays, which induce pigmentation and causes dark and uneven skin.
Result: Your body skin is noticeably whiter and smoother so you look and feel your most beautiful.
- Quantity: 250 ml
- Price: INR 225
- Shelf life: 30 months from mfg date
- Packaging:It comes in a white, curvy plastic bottle with a flip-top cap. It is very user-friendly and the cap does not open up while travelling.
- Color & Consistency:The lotion is pure white in color and the consistency is slightly runny enough to spread easily. Body milk would have been an apt name since it looks and feels like full cream milk.
Fragrance:– It has a lovely fruity-floral fragrance that is very soothing. Once applied on skin, the fragrance is barely discernible and is very mild.
My experience with Nivea Whitening Cell Repair & UV Protect Body Lotion:-
The lotion is really lightweight and sinks into the skin in a jiffy. Because of the liquid consistency, it is easy to work with and spreads easily. It gets completely absorbed into the skin without leaving any residue. Since I have dry skin on my body, I need to re-apply after a couple of hours since the hydrating effect of the lotion lasts for only about 2 hours in dry weather. This is great for summers since is completely non-greasy and provides just the right amount of hydration. But in winters and for those with very dry skin, this may lag behind in its moisturizing ability. As far as whitening is concerned, this does brighten the skin. It refines skin tone and removes mild tan but don’t expect it to erase blemishes or spots. I have highly acne-prone skin and this did not break me out or clog my pores. Although it does mention that it has UVA/UVB filters, the level of SPF is not specified. Since it is so lightweight and doesn’t last long on my dry skin, I feel I need a separate sunscreen on exposed skin when I go out. But this could well be just psychological
What I like about Nivea Whitening Cell Repair & UV Protect Body Lotion:-
- User-friendly & leak-proof packaging
- Lightweight lotion that is completely non-greasy
- Gets easily absorbed without any residue
- Consistency is easy to work with
- Mild, soothing, fruity-floral fragrance
- Moisturizes moderately
- Brightens skin and refines skin tone
- Removes mild tan
- Has UVA/UVB filters
- Skin compatibility dermatologically proven
- Did not break me out
- Great for use in summer
- Will suit normal to oily skin really well
- Reasonably priced for the quantity and quality
What I don’t like about Nivea Whitening Cell Repair & UV Protect Body Lotion:-
- Not for those with very dry skin since it lacks in hydrating ability and is insufficient for winters
- Level of SPF is not mentioned
- Contains Silicone and Parabens
Final thoughts on Nivea Whitening Cell Repair & UV Protect Body Lotion:
I really like this lotion for summers since it hydrates to the optimum level and protects me from tanning. But for winters, I’d give this a pass and use creams or body butters instead. If you have normal to oily skin, and like lightweight, non-greasy lotions, I highly recommend this.
You might like reading these also:-
- The Body Shop Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue Review
- Body Shop Gently Purify Rejuvenating Bath Soak Review
- Body Shop Spa Wisdom Morocco Argan Oil & Orange Blossom Review
- The Body Shop Natrulift Firming Night Cream Review
- Body Shop Pomegranate Body Butter Review
- The Body Shop Kistna Eau De Toilette Review
- Body Shop Moroccan Rose Body Butter Review
- 6 Body Shop Cheek Colour Blush Photos & Swatches
- 3 Body Shop Love Gloss Photos & Swatches