Today I’ll be reviewing my very first Nyx blush..Infact my very first NYX purchase. Why did I pick this? Well, part excitement for my first Nyx, the lust for a pink blush, and the shimmer which was super catchy. You all know I am not a fan of shimmer..but I’d like to state that this was actually one of my very first blushes ever! When I got this, the only other blush I had in my kitty was the Lakme Earth Rose Trio.. So you can understand my need to rush and buy more blush
Now what does the name remind you of? It reminds me of when we were kids and everytime I met an aunt she would squeeze my cheeks and exclaim, “ Dekho kitniii badi ho gayi hai!!?” (See, how big she has become) Not that I liked that comment since I was always on the rounder side ..hehe….but Firls, on a serious note…this is hands down one of the best blushes I’ve used and great for beginners…Read on to know more..
Our pressed powder blush delivers sheer, silky color that glides on, blends beautifully and creates a natural glow. The formula is richly-pigmented and lasts for hours. Available in 27 shades.
- Price: $6 or INR650
- Quantity: 5.2g
My take on the NYX Powder Blush in Pinched:
- Packaging: This blush comes in this square plastic packaging with a see through lid. I find the packaging pretty fragile though..The see-thru part popped out withing a week of usage and I have stuck it about twice since then…
- Color: The shade is a light, fresh peachy-pink with a golden sheen…think of those light pink frocks our moms would dress us in when we were kids? This is exactly like that! It does have minute golden shimmer as well.
- Pigmentation & Texture: This blush is well pigmented and very soft. Even the shimmers are tiny and non abrasive.
- Staying Power: This may be the only low point of the blush..On my cheeks it doesn’t stay for more than 3-4hrs. The shimmer also fades within 30mins which actually suits me quite well
I actually do like this blush for several reasons…It makes me look really fresh and pink and imparts a glow to my face. I feel like it even highlights my features a bit. If any of you have used the Revlon Skinlights in Classic Pink then let me tell you that this is exactly like that but just in powder form. It’s easy to apply and gives a soft look to the face. My only bone of contention is the staying power though. For someone who’s at work for 9hrs a day, it just doesn’t make sense to have a blush which doesn’t even last half that time. Hence now, I tend to use this blush majorly on weekends or when I’m feeling dull for that little boost
What I like about NYX Powder Blush in Pinched:
- Good value for money
- We get a amazing quantity for such a low price.
- Gives a fresh and natural look.
- Will suit fairer skintones very well.
- The shimmer is minute and non-abrasive
- The sheer wash of color on the cheeks really adds an Oomph factor ot the look.
What I don’t like about NYX Powder Blush in Pinched:
- Fragile packaging
- Staying power is very less.
- Pigmentation: 4.5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Packaging: 3.5/5
- Staying Power: 3.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
You may also like reading:
- Top 5 Must Have Green Eyeshadow Review, Swatches & EOTD
- 11 Beautiful Pink Powder & Cream Blushes Review & Swatches
- 11 Beautiful Green Eyeliner Review & Swatches
- 11 Blue Eyeliner Review & Swatches
- 5 Hot Celebrity Inspired Eye Makeup Tutorial
- 6 Beautiful Plum Blush Review & Swatches