This eye pencil was a new launch by Oriflame in November 2011 and I grabbed one as soon as I spotted it in the catalogue. November seems like yesterday and I’m shocked to find how fast time has flown!! It feels like we were sending new year wishes to everyone just a while ago and already more than half a year has passed Makes me wonder… is it just me or do you share the same sentiments as well?
About Oriflame Beauty Smooth Definer Eye Pencil:
Easy glide formula for smooth application. The retractable lead delivers creamy, vibrant color in five flattering shades in total comfort. Convenient design means no sharpening and no wasting time, for intense long-lasting style
- Quantity:0.3 gms
- Price:249 INR
- Shades available:
- Ingredients: Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Talc, C30-50 Alcohols,Polyethylene, Bis-DiglycerylPolyacyladipate-2, CeraMicrocristallina,Ozokerite, Polysilicone-6, Phenylpropyldimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Bisabolol,Polymethylsilsesquioxane, AscorbylPalmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate,Bis-HydroxyethoxypropylDimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl DimethiconeCrosspolymer
My experience with Oriflame Smooth Definer Eye Pencil in Brown:
- Packaging: The body of the pencil is made of deep-purple colored plastic with a band in the center that corresponds to the shade inside. Since my shade is brown, the central band is brown plus the two ends of the pencil have a brown color indicator as well. This means that in whichever position you store this pencil: whether lying down, or upright or upside-down, it is easy to locate shades if you own more than one . The cap shuts tight with a snap and will not open up in your purse. The only issue with the packaging is that the twist-up mechanism lacks quality. I have to keep twisting about 6 to 7 times for the tip to show. I checked whether the lead is broken inside but it isn’t. I’m not sure if I just received a bad piece or if the swivel mechanism is originally this bad. Nevertheless, I prefer retractable pencils any day since there’s no wastage, it’s convenient and you get to use the product to the very end without affecting the length of the pencil.
- Shade Description: This shade is a deep, dark chocolate brown…think bitter chocolate This is the kind of shade that is universally flattering and will look good on the palest to the duskiest skin tone.
- Texture & Finish: As claimed, it glides on smoooothly and is truly creamy. Absolutely no tugging required and is by far one of the smoothest pencils I’ve used. I guess the main reason for this could be the abundance of silicones present in this product The color sets to a nice matte finish.
- Application: As is the case with retractable pencils, you have to be careful not to twist up too much of the product. If too much of the lead is exposed, it could lead to breakage while applying. The lead is slightly thin thus making it easy to draw a precise, fine line when angled.
- Pigmentation: It is insanely pigmented and a single swipe delivers beautiful, intense color.
- Staying power: It stays put the entire day and does not smudge, bleed or flake. The color does not run even when I wash my face. When I wear it in the morning, it is still there in the evening until I decide to take it off.
- Removal: It is quite easy to remove and comes off easily with soap and water. You don’t require a separate cleanser.
- Sensitivity: Ah this is the sad part! The pencil works fine on my upper lash line. For the first few uses, it seemed fine on my waterline too. But within a week, it started irritating my eyes when worn on the waterline. I tried it several times just to make sure; but each and every time I wear this on my waterline, my eyes have this mildly irritating, stinging sensation I know for a fact that there are many out there who have used this on their waterline and did not face any such issues. I don’t wear lenses but my eyes are quite sensitive. So if you have sensitive eyes or if you’re a contact-lens wearer, you may either wanna request your Oriflame consultant to hand you a tester before you decide to buy this product or restrict its use to upper lash line alone.
What I like about Oriflame Smooth Definer Eye Pencil in Brown:-
- Super smooth and glides on like a dream without tugging
- Intensely pigmented and delivers good color pay-off in a single stroke
- Easy to draw a precise, fine line
- Creamy texture that sets to a matte finish
- Does not smudge, bleed or flake
- Quite water resistant
- Stays put the entire day until I decide to take it off
- Universally flattering dark-chocolate brown shade that will suit all skin tones
- Retractable and hence no sharpening required.
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Easy to locate shades since the body of the pencil has color indicators at the top, bottom and center.
- Available in 5 classic shades
- Can be bought on discount
What I don’t like about Oriflame Smooth Definer Eye Pencil in Brown:-
- Swivel mechanism is a bit flimsy and I need to twist-up 6 to 7 times each time for the tip to show (not sure if I got a bad piece)
- Irritates my waterline
- Contains a whole load of silicones (probably explains why these glide on smoooothly)
- Expiry date is not mentioned
- Packaging: 4
- Pigmentaion: 5
- Texture: 5
- Staying power: 5
- Price: 3.8
- Quality: 3
If you’re looking for an eye liner that’s retractable, smooth, pigmented, gives matte-finish and does not budge the whole day, this is it! I would have totally considered purchasing another shade if not for the fact that this irritates my waterline. Since I primarily bought this to use like kohl, I’m quite disappointed since even Lakme liners don’t irritate my eyes . If you don’t have sensitive eyes, I’d totally recommend this since it scores high on all other aspects.
Have you tried the Oriflame Smooth Definer Eye Pencil in Brown?
You may also like reading:
- Oriflame Color Attraction Baby Beige Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Oriflame Optimals Seeing Is Believing Multi Benefits Eye Cream Review
- Oriflame Olive and Bamboo Body Cream Review
- Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Blemish Solver Review
- Oriflame Cherry Garden Nail Polish Review
- Oriflame Optimals Oxygen Boost Face Mask Review
- Oriflame Daily Hand Cream Review
- Oriflame Discover Phuket Exotic Paradise Shower Gel Review