I bought this along with Oriflame Peach Me Tinted Moisturizer just weeks before Maybelline introduced its BB cream in India. At that time, I began to regret this purchase especially since Maybelline had launched their cream in such an adorable tube (yes, I’m a sucker for cute packaging ) and I wanted to finish the existing stock of creams I had (at least one tube) before I jump on to a new one. I’d bought this from the January catalogue but I began using this regularly around June and now I don’t regret my purchase one bit!
About Oriflame Pure Skin Hide & Treat:
Quickly covers up and reduces the size of pimples. Hides blemishes on the spot, while helping to reduce them. Super-active for reducing the size of spots and preventing polluted skin.
- Quantity: 15 ml
- Price: INR 279
- Shelf life: 3 years from mfg date
Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Bentonite, PPG-5-Laureth-5, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate,Cetearyl Alcohol, Octyldodecanol, PPG-3 Myristyl Ether, Salicylic Acid, Talc,Undecylenoyl Glycine, Sodium Hydroxide, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben,Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Parfum, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Ci 77891, Ci 77492, Ci 77491
It comes in tiny, white tube with a screw cap. The product is dispensed through a precision nozzle that makes it very easy to control the flow of product. The nozzle also helps to apply the product directly onto the targeted spot and hence is hygienic and prevents wastage. The only glitch is that the tube does not come sealed and there’s no outer carton either. When I received my tube, it already looked quite yellow, as if it had been used for a year Avon always puts a quality seal on all their products and I really wish Oriflame would do the same especially since their products are far more highly priced.
I love how this smells! Since it is a treatment cream, you’d expect a synthetic or medicated fragrance. Instead, this has a lovely cucumber-melon fragrance with hints of citrus that is very uplifting and makes me enjoy using this all the more.
- Color & Consistency:
The cream is tinted and looks like foundation. It is beige with orange undertones and suits my yellow-toned complexion really well. Please note that the tint is slightly darker than what is seen in the pictures.The consistency is medium-thick without being goopy.
My Experience with Oriflame Pure Skin Hide & Treat:
This is actually a concealer that not only camouflages blemishes, but also helps to treat them. I have a lot of blemishes and can’t imagine using this for spot treatment since my face would end up looking like a polka-dotted Easter egg! So I generally use this like a tinted moisturizer. Using the nozzle, I directly dot the product all around my face. Then I take a pen and join the dots to draw my favorite cartoon character. No no…just kidding Did u actually think I’d do that?? Anyways, I proceed to blend the dots onto my skin and I have to work really quickly since it is quite difficult to get the cream to spread. But I can’t really blame the product since it is meant for spot application. Once blended, it sinks in really fast and is absolutely non-greasy. It gives more of a matte finish with a wee bit of dewiness…just perfect. This does not have SPF but the good news is that lack of SPF means no white cast. The tint matches my skin tone well and it does not give a mask-effect. It cements my pores and works like a primer. The coverage ranges somewhere between sheer to medium. It does not fully hide blemishes, but camouflages them pretty well and makes my skin look more even-toned. It does cover redness and makes me look fresh. In fact, every single time I’ve worn this, my husband has commented how fresh I look . Now how can you not love a product that does that?? It does control oil initially, but for about an hour or two. So, as soon as I apply this, I don’t need to top it with compact or loose powder. The cream does not feel heavy when used on the entire face. It hydrates mildly and it does not cause skin to flake or peel. Since it is meant to treat blemishes, I don’t need to worry about taking it off when I intend to take a nap. As far as its effect on pimples & blemishes is concerned, I don’t think this gives any remarkable difference. Progress is slow yet steady. I often see myself using this instead of foundation or tinted moisturizer especially since I don’t need to wait long for the color to adjust to my skin.
What I like about Oriflame Pure Skin Hide & Treat:
- Easy to use, hygienic packaging
- Tube is very compact & travel-friendly and will fit into the smallest of purses
- Contains salicylic acid that helps to heal and prevent acne
- Has a nice tint that will suits my yellow-toned complexion perfectly
- Works as a concealer/ foundation/ BB cream/ Primer
- Sinks in fast and is non-greasy
- Does not require to be topped with compact/loose powder
- Semi-matte finish with a hint of dewiness
- Does not give a white cast
- Hydrates and does not cause skin to flake
- Cements pores and refines them
- Camouflages blemishes and even out skin tone
- Covers redness really well
- Does not feel heavy when used on the entire face
- Controls oil for about an hour or two
- Refreshing cucumber-melon-citrus fragrance
- Will suit combination to oily skin really well
- Available on discount
What I don’t like about Oriflame Pure Skin Hide & Treat:
- Product does not come sealed and there’s no outer carton
- Quantity is too less for the price
- This is not really a con, but if you’re planning to use this as a substitute for your BB cream, you will require a separate sunscreen
Final thoughts on Oriflame Pure Skin Hide & Treat:
I love using this product since it makes my skin look fresh, hydrated and even-toned. I’m almost done with my present tube and hoping to repurchase this once it’s on offer again. I’d definitely recommend this to those with combination-oily, acne-prone skin. It may not give you fast results with blemishes but it still is a better alternative to using BB creams that tend to leave a white cast and slathering on pore-clogging foundations
Have you tired Oriflame Pure Skin Hide & Treat?
You may also like to read-
- Oriflame Oxygen Boost Foundation Review and Swatch
- 5 Best Affordable Red Hot Nail Polish Reviews and Swatches
- Oriflame Wonder Lash Waterproof Mascara Review
- Oriflame Pure Color On The Go Lipstick in Vintage Nude Review & Swatches
- Oriflame Eucalyptus Exfoliating Foot Scrub & Soothing Foot Cream Chamomile Review
- Oriflame Very Me Lipmania Pink Kiss LipBalm Review
- Oriflame Very Me No Time For Shine Powder Review
- Oriflame Royal Velvet Nourishing Mask Review
- Oriflame Tea Tree & Rosemary Purifying Oil Review
- Oriflame Nature Apricot & White Tea Hand & Nail Cream Review
- Oriflame HairX Daily Care Leave-in Conditioner Review
- Oriflame Giordani Gold Lash Fascination Mascara Brown Review
- Oriflame Beauty Dual Skin Corrector Review
- Oriflame Color Attraction Baby Beige Lipstick Review & Swatches