Today I’ll be reviewing my very first purchase from Shiseido. Why? Because the name fascinated me. Also, I wanted to know what was so special about it…and finally also because the lure to try out something new was too strong to resist..I chose this shade in Mango because the color was so yummy. Although I love orange lipsticks like Colorbar’s Obsessed Orange, I can never get up the guts to wear such a bold shade. So when I saw this, I knew it was the perfect shade for me…
About Shiseido Shimmer Rouge Lipsticks:
- Full brilliance. Sheer color.
- Sheer, brilliant color infuses lips with lasting moisture and fullness. Lips have never looked so all-day sensuous.
- Size: 2.2gms
- Price: INR1500
About Shiseido Shimmering Rouge Lipstick in Mango:
- Packaging: The lipstick comes is a rounded, rectangular metallic tube with the shade number on the base. I don’t know why they didn’t mention the name though. The SA knew the name and the site carries it too…but it’s nowhere to be found on the packaging…
- Color: This shade is a sheer coral-ly orange with micro shimmers which are visible in the tube. But on application it just seems to melt into the skin. The shimmers aren’t really visible on the lips but yes, there is an obvious glossy shine which can be attributed to this.
- Coverage & Pigmentation: The lipstick is sheer and while it is quite ahead in pigmentation, it doesn’t provide much coverage.
- Texture: Silk, silk, silk, silk………It’s like a gel like texture that just glides over the lips while dispensing so much color. But I do hate wearing this when my lips are chapped…It accentuates the dryness But when my lips are healthy there’s nothing like it.
- Staying Power: This stays for about 2.5hrs max. Over a lip liner, it does tend to last a bit longer but its gel-like texture also means its quick to wear off.
I am a die hard fan of sheer shades and this is the first sheer Orange I picked for myself. I like it for the fact that it’s easy to wear and I can wear it regularly. I have recently realised that I have so many lipsticks which I wear only on special occasions just because its either too expensive or it’s a unique shade. But after a recent clean-out of my vanity, I also realised that it’s these lipsticks which I had to throw out after years of ‘SAVING’…So I’ve realised that I will either wear all the shades I have regardless of how much I feel like saving it up or else I’ll buy only those shades which I know I will wear regularly. Hence, I picked this shade from Shiseido since I knew for sure that I would wear it anywhere…to work as well! What do u say?
Swatches Of Shieseido Shimmering Rouge Lipstick In Mango :-
What I like about Shiseido Shimmering Rouge Lipstick in Mango:-
- The perfect orange lipstick if you’re scared of bright oranges.
- Doesn’t settle into my lip lines
- Suits my sensitive skin
- The micro shimmers practically melt on contact with the skin and lend an amazing glow
- Derma- tested
- I love the gel texture and the consistency of this range. It’s like I’m pouring water over my lips
What I don’t like about Shiseido Shimmering Rouge Lipstick in Mango:-
- Really pricey
- Never wear this when your lips are chapped. It accentuates every bit of dry skin.
- Pigmentation: 4.5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Availability: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Value: 4/5
Have you tried the Shiseido Shimmering Rouge Lipstick in Mango?
You may also enjoy reading:
- Shiseido The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge Review
- Sleek Nude Collection Blush Suede Review & FOTD
- Faces Stellaulna Iridescent Powder Photos & Swatches
- Tips & Toes Eyelight Purple Passion & Waterproof Eyeliner Review
- Avril Lavigne Blue Smokey Eyes Inspired Makeup Tutorial
- VLCC Lime Massage Gel Review1
- Avon Supercurlacious Mascara Review
- 6 Faces Cosmetics Blush Photos & Swatches