I mentioned some time back on how much a Highlighter can make a difference to your makeup. I’ve also reviewed the MAC CCB in Hush which happens to me an amazing cream highlighter. But not all of us can indulge in cream based highlighters can we? Oilies would def have an issue with it looking greasy. Hence the need for a powder based highlighter. After Hush, I still wanted a powder highlighter to use during the days the oiliness got too much for me. I found the perfect, budget-friendly highlighter in the form of Kryolan eyeshadow in Highlight. I use it on my eyes as well as my face and it works quite well for me.
About Kryolan Eyeshadows
A cream powder for dry application. A new formulation and innovative production technology provide gentle application and produce a pleasantly soft feeling on the skin.
The micronized pigments offer the possibility of applying this preparation not only with fashionable transparency, but also with vivid color emphasis. Excellent durability on the eyelids makes this KRYOLAN product exceptionally well-suited for professional application.
These shadows can be obtained in more than 88 shades.
KRYOLAN Eye Shadow is available in an elegant round container with window and as palette.
- Price: 350INR
- Quantity: 3g
My take on the Kryolan Eyeshadow in Highlight:
- Color: This shade can be described as an off-white shade with a satin-pearl finish. I feel it is a close dupe of MAC Nylon eyeshadow;but not as shiny.
Check out 19 Kryolan Lipstick swatches here.
- Pigmentation & Texture: The texture is a bit firm, albeit not hard. Pigmentation-wise it doesn’t disappoint and a single dip into the pan brings out a whole load of product. It’s easy to blend as well and melts into the skin looking like moonshine..
- Staying Power: This stays much much longer than MAC Hush..about 5hrs easily.
I was initially fixated on getting an Inglot eyeshadow which would be doubled up as a highlighter but the only one I truly liked was matte and looked too stark on my skin. Why this one gets my vote is that it’s not matte but not super shiny either. It gives off a sort of a pearlescent glow which looks more defining and suits me more than a matte shade would. Plus, at 350 bucks for 3gms of product, this is a complete steal!
In the below pic, I’ve used the highlighter on my upper part of my cheeks only. I did use it on my brow bone, but I couldn’t find a pic where it showed.
What I like about Kryolan Eyeshadow in Highlight:
- Fab pigmentation
- Can be used as an eyeshadow or to highlight the browbone, the inner corners, nose and cheeks…All in all, quite a multi-tasker.
- I love the pearlescent sheen it has.
- It isn’t blingy and wearable to work
- Very affordable
- Decent staying power.
- Nil fallout.
What I don’t like about Kryolan Eyeshadow in Highlight:
- Nothing except that the transparent dome-shaped lid is very prone to scratches and chipping.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Texture: 4.5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
Have you tried any the Kryolan eyeshadow in Highlight?
You may also like reading:-