A couple of months back, I decided to go on the hunt for a good highlighter. I have loads of bronzers, contour kits, but other than the highlighter half in the NYX contour Kit, I didn’t have a good highlighter to work with. I was making do with MAC eyeshadows like Flip and Nylon but after a while I went on a search for the best highlighter. I watched a couple of youtube videos and 2 of thepopular highlighters seemed to be the MAC CCBs in Pearl and Hush. Even Dhara recco’d Hush so I thought it’s def worth a look.
At the MAC store, I tried out both of them. I did like Pearl a lot but somehow it didn’t meld well into my skin. It was too stark and I feel it would suit fairer girls better. I tried Hush and Bingo! I was sold. At the time though, Hush wasn’t in stock at the Pune MAC but I was able to get it on my Chennai trip..Yeyyy!!! Sorry for the slightly ravaged look of the product. I usually try and take product pics before I start using them but this time I just couldn’t help myself. I’ve been using this every single day and am smitten! Read on to know why.
About MAC Cream Color Base
Versatile and multi-purpose, Cream Colour Base can be applied directly to bare skin, or layered over foundation, moisturizer, or powder. Apply with a brush, sponge, or fingers. Colour effects range from a light veil to highly dramatic, depending on method of application. Fragrance-free. (The following shades are not recommended for use in lip area: Fawntastic and Black. The following shades are not recommended for use in the eye area: Fabulush and Improper Copper.)
- Price: 1150INR
- Quantity: 3.2g
My take on the MAC Cream Color Base in Hush:
This shade is described on the site as a soft peach with an icy shimmer(frost). I find it to be a light peachy-champagne shade with a frost finish. It does seem to have some golden shimmers in the finger swatch, but it really isn’t visible when I blend it on my skin.
Read – MAC Impassioned
Hush is really amazing..It’s texture is like butter and it practically melts into my skin. It requires next to nil efforts to wear this. The MUA did tell me that this can be used as a base for eyeshadow or even below blushes to make them last longer. However, I use it in the most conventional way as one would use a highlighter.
Unfortunately it doesn’t last as long as I’d like it to which is the only negative about this. This stays about 3-4hrs max on me and then I need to reapply which is a pity. Also, one needs to be calculative about how much to use or else your face may look like someone dropped a vat of oil on it!So a point to keep in mind is to use it sparingly. Start with a little product…..it’s always easier to add product than to remove.
This can be used easily with a brush although I prefer using my fingers since it gives me a better idea of how much product I am picking up.
I use it in the following ways:
- Under my browbone as well as above to define it. It isn;t necessary to use it above the browbone but I find it adds an extra definition which I like.
- On the top of my cheek bones. This is to provide definition to the area as it catches the light.
- On my cupid’s bow to accentuate it.
- On the bridge of my nose to make my nose appear longer. This combined with contouring the sides of the nose is a killer combo!
- Can also be used to brighten certain areas on the face.
Swatches of MAC Cream Color Base in Hush:
This is how it looks on me. I’ve used Hush to highlight my cheekbones, on my browbone (above and below) and on the bridge of my nose…which has been cut off unfortunately
What I like about MAC Cream Color Base in Hush:
- Excellent highlighter for all skin tones.
- It an be used as an eyeshadow base
- Can be used as a base for blush as well to prolong wear
- Not shimmery..
- Just melts into the skin
- Easy to blend
- Can be built up as you wish
- Will last a long time. The pics you see are taken after 3months of continuous usage and it isn’t even ½ over!
What I don’t like about MAC Cream Color Base in Hush:
- Staying power could be better.
Have you tried the MAC Cream Color Base in Hush?
You may also like reading:
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Cubic Blush, MAC Gingerly Blush, MAC Pinch Me, MAC Peach Twist Swatches
- MAC Swoon Pink Blush, MAC Fleur Powder, MAC Pinch O’Peach Swatches
- MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow :Review, Swatches & EOTD
- MAC Well Dressed, MAC Breezy, MAC Dolly Mix, MAC Coy Girl Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick