This is my first tryst with Nature’s Essence’s skincare products. Their Lacto-Tan range is much-raved about and I sometimes wish I’d known about it when I was in school since I was tanned like crazy. But come to think of it, had someone suggested it back then, I would’ve probably scoffed at the idea since I was quite a tomboy and believed indulging in skincare was a “girly” thing to do Ah well…things have obviously changed now
About Nature’s Essence Pink Flower Moisturizing Lotion:
A unique formula with essential oils and liposomes.Offers deep moisturising and nourishing effects.Imparts a softer and smooth touch to maintain the skin texture.
- Skin Type: All skin types
- Quantity:100 ml
- Price:INR 125
- Shelf life:3 years from mfg date
- Availability:I got mine from stylecraze. Also available online at goodlife, pepperfry, flipkart etc. and in stores where Nature’s Essence products are sold.
- Key Ingredients:Water melon seed oil, Carrot seed oil, Almond oil.
- Directions: Gently apply the required quantity on the face and neck till it is completely absorbed. Use daily after bath & at night on face and body.
- Packaging: It comes in a translucent tube with a flip-top cap and hence is very hygienic and easy to use. The semi-see-through packaging enables us to determine how much product is left.The nozzle is of the right size and aids in dispensing the required amount of product. The cap is leak-proof but it doesn’t shut very tightly (atleast not as tightly as I’d expect it to be). While travelling, I would recommend storing this upside-down (cap facing upwards) or placing this in a separate zip-lock pouch to avoid any leakage issues (just in case).
- Fragrance: Now, this is an Aromatherapy lotion, right? And it lists watermelon seed oil as the first ingredient. I lurrrve watermelon-fragranced products and was totally expecting this to smell all fruity. All expectations came crashing down when I took a whiff of the product. It smells of sandalwood and rose . So I’m guessing the “pink flower” in question here is Rose It actually smells like a milder version of Lotus 3in1 Matte Look Sunblock. I don’t like the smell of Lotus sunblock, so you can imagine my disappointment . Nevertheless, this is pretty mild and very tolerable. The fragrance does linger but is not very discernible.
- Color & Consistency: It is neither too thick nor overly runny. The consistency is just perfect for a lotion. The lotion is white in color. I guess there’s a hint of pink somewhere. Or is it just my imagination?
My experience with Nature’s Essence Pink Flower Moisturizing Lotion:-
It’s not always that you find lotions packaged in tubes. I was a bit apprehensive if it would come pouring out as soon as I opened the cap. But it thankfully doesn’t and is actually very easy to control the flow of product. Another concern was the blend of oils. I have very oily, acne-prone skin and usually steer clear of oil-based products. I got this to primarily use as a body lotion; and it works fine at that. So, I thought I’d review its performance as a body lotion, but then, how can I do just that, right? I mean, you guys need to know it works on the face well as well, right? So I played the guinea pig and used this one night on my face . I guess I went a li’l overboard since I woke up looking like a grease ball!!Aah…the things we do to write reviews for you guys
I went back to using this on my body alone but later decided to give it another shot on my face…this time during the day. The lotion was really easy to blend and it sank into my skin in no time. I was taken aback at how non-greasy it was. I was expecting a layer of oil to sit on top of my skin, but instead my skin felt soft, smooth, hydrated yet completely non-oily I went about doing my regular chores and usually after I’m done my skin looks greasy as hell. But with this lotion on, my skin looked fresh and was just a tad greasy on my T-zone. When topped with powder, my skin stays oil-free for 3 hours atleast. Needless to say, I’m super impressed.
The trick here is to use very, very little. You need only a tiny, pea-sized amount for the entire face. When I used a lesser amount, it never broke me out even when used at night. It does not really have an effect on existing acne, but it seems to prevent new ones from appearing to some extent. This could also be because it regulates oil-production which in turn prevents eruptions.
I also love that this product multi-tasks. You can use it as a day cream as well as a night cream. You can use it as a face cream as well as a body lotion. This means, you can avoid a lot of clutter in your cabinet as well in your travel-bag and make do with just one product The only issue here is the lack of SPF and hence you’ll need to use a separate sunscreen.
What I like about Natures’ Essence Pink Flower Moisturizing Lotion:-
- Hygienic, easy-to-use packaging
- Consistency is just right and easy to blend
- Fragrance is mild and pleasant
- Lightweight and no heavy feeling when applied
- Sinks in really fast and in absolutely non-greasy
- No white cast
- Regulates oil-production and keeps skin hydrated
- Makes skin soft and smooth
- Regular use refines skin texture
- Did not break me out even though I have oily, acne-prone skin
- Unique ingredients
- Will easily suit all skin types
- Doubles up as a day cream as well as night cream
- Can be used on the face as well as body
- Need very little amount of product per use
- Reasonably priced
What I don’t like about Natures’ Essence Pink Flower Moisturizing Lotion:-
- Complete list of ingredients is not mentioned
- No SPF (which is actually good since this doubles up as a night lotion)
- This is not a con but I personally would have preferred a fruity fragrance rather than a mix of sandalwood and rose
Final thoughts on Natures’ Essence Pink Flower Moisturizing Lotion:
For once a product that is meant for “all skin types” actually lives up to its name and does all that it claims to do. I like using this during the day but would not recommend this for night-time use for those with very oily skin. Overall this is a good multi-purpose moisturizer and I don’t see anything particularly bad about it.
Have you tried Nature’s Essence Pink Flower Moisturizing Lotion?
You may also like reading:
- Bridal Chura Info
- Khadi Herbal Hair Conditioner Review (Vanilla & Honey )
- Natural Hair Conditioner Recipe With Aloe Vera – DIY Saturday
- My Khadi Haul
- Fab India Aloe & Cucumber Gel Face Pack Review
- 5 Common Hair Loss Treatments
- Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Toner Review
- Faces Canada Nail Sharper Review
- How To Make Wheatgrass Juice At Home,Benefits With Pictures
- Pink Smokey Eye Tutorial With Step By Step Pictures
- Revlon CustomEyes Rich Temptation Eyeshadow & Liner Palette Review
- Womsee Colours Of Joy Life’s Peach 610 Nail Paint Review & NOTD