I usually avoid brown lipsticks..I even go so far as to stay away from brown-sounding names. The minute the SA starts to bring out a shade called ‘coffee’ or ‘raisin’ or ‘nut’ I screech at her to put it back before I see it. I hate browns that much..So why did I pick up this Revlon shade whose name itself is Nutty?? Well, 7 words.. ”Airport-Delayed flight-Time to kill- Cosmetics counters”. Now it makes sense doesn’t it? And it’s one of the times my timepass browsing had a fruitful result and I came out with a new shade I adore
About Revlon Moisturestay Lipsticks
- High shine, long wear lip color that helps the lips to stay soft and smooth.
- Vitamin enriched formula that nourishes heals dry, cracked lips.
- Menthol lends a cooling effect to soothe lips.
- Moisture stays even after you take the color off.
My experience with Revlon Moisturestay Lipstick in Nutty:-
- Color: This shade swatches as a rust brown shade on my hand. It has a very obvious orange undertone which saves it from being a boring run-of-the-mill brown lipstick.
Revlon moisturestay lipstick price & Texture:-
- Price: INR 710 for 1.7gms
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This is a full coverage lipstick although I usually just swipe a single time on my lower lip and then rub both lips together to distribute evenly. Pigmentation is fabulous and it gives a color payoff to make Revlon proud!
- Texture: The range itself is names Moisture stay and moisturizing is exactly what this is. I don’t need to use a lip balm underneath and it still looks all glossy and soft. It glides on easily as well and doesn’t settle into liplines unless you layer on 5-6 layers of this
- Staying Power: This lipstick stays on my lips for about 3-4hrs and then starts fading. It does leave an orange tint behind though so my lips never feel bereft of color
One thing I should mention is that when I just apply this lipstick, I feel this cooling sensation …somewhat like a minty effect. Usually minty effect lippies tend to make my lips dry out but this doesn’t do that at all. Also, my lips are very sensitive and get chapped easily..But even then this lipstick didn’t chap my lips or make them look ragged in any way.
The one and only thing I didn’t like about this lippy is the cost. I don’t mind shelling out for a good quality lipstick but 710 bucks for just 1.7gms of product is robbery. I happened to see the quantity only while doing the review. I hadn’t checked it before and I was a bit shocked to see this…
What I like about Revlon Moisturestay Lipstick in Nutty:
- I love that this is not a common brown. It has a beautiful orange undertone which is priceless
- Has a glossy finish.
- I don’t have to use a lipbalm underneath
- Doesn’t sink into the lip lines.
- Has a silky-soft feel to it.
- Good pigmentation
- Good staying power
What I don’t like about Revlon Moisturestay Lipstick in Nutty:
- Price vs. quantity leaves a lot o be desired..
Have you tried the Revlon Moisturestay Lipstick in Nutty?
You may also enjoy reading:
- Revlon 12 Roasted Coffee Lip Liner Review and Swatches
- Revlon’s Just Bitten Lip Stain +Balm Passion Review and Swatches
- Revlon Luxurious Color Kohl eyeliner in Pure White Review & Swatches
- Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Aubergine Review
- Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Orchid :Swatch,Review
- 4 Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss Reviews
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Balm Clear Crystal & Peach Crystal
- Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder 030 Sunkiss Swatches, Photos