All of you know how crazed I am about neutral eyeshadows. It’s the only family of shades I can wear to work without getting any undue attention and they are so convenient for use. Stila Rain is one of these eyeshadows which I use frequently and wanted to review it for you gals tday .
This eyeshadow comes in in a silvery tin-foil like packaging. I’m not too fond of it since it’s a bit flimsy but considering that I’ll be depotting it, I really don’t mind it. I believe Stila has now begun to sell these shadows in only refill form. That’s also pretty convenient because the packaging is quite ..’Meh..’ I guess this is because Stila is a big believer in recycling and using recycled packaging. This is one of the reasons their products are pocket friendly hence I tend to disregard the packaging faux pas…that’s quite fine don’t you think?
My take on Stila Eyeshadow in Rain:
- Color: Rain is a smokey brown with a greyish undertone. I initally thought it would be a dupe of MAC Espresso, but that’s not so. The grey tinge gives it a unique smokey quality that Espresso can’t match.
- Price: I think its $7-$8
- Quantity: 2.6gms
- Pigmentation & Texture: The pigmentation is amazing…a single swipe itself brings off such a lot of color. Moreover, it’s matte which is perfect for work.
- Staying Power: This stays on my lids the entire day..It starts fading after about 5hrs of wear, but never completely gets wiped off…(unless you actually do).
I use this shade majorly as a crease color. It’s also perfect for a softer smokey eye. I usually don’t use black since I looks too harsh on my face ( or maybe I’m just not used to it) so I use greys (like L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Pebble grey) or dark browns. This shade is a perfect balance of a smokey grey and brown and easily wearable as well.
My lids are not oily so this doesn’t crease on me. Plus, it’s a matte finish so it’s perfect. Only I should mention here that those with dry lids may want to stay away from this. The matte effect is quite strong and may accentuate any dryness on your lids.
Swatches of Stila Eyeshadow in Rain:-
What I like about Stila Eyeshadow in Rain:
- A nice neutral to wear to work.
- I love the smokey grey element in the brown
- I prefer softer looking shades to do a smokey eye and this one works perfectly.
- Can be used to fill in the brows too. It looks too harsh on my brows but may work for others.
- Easy to blend
- Doesn’t crease on my lids
- stays on my lids for a long time
- Easy to depot.
- It’s the exact size of a MAC eyshadow and would fit into a MAC palette easily as well.
- Good value for money.
What I don’t like about Stila Eyeshadow in Rain:
- A bit on the drier side. Those with dry skin may not like this too much.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Availability: 3.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
Have you tried any Stila eyeshadows?
You may also enjoy reading:
- Bobbi Brown Blush Sand Pink:Review,Swatches
- Faces Metaliglow 03, 01, 02 Photos & Swatches
- La Vie en Rose (Life through rose colored glass)The Rosy Flush(Makeup tutorial)
- 15 Color Camouflage Concealer MakeUp Pro Palette Kit Review
- Blog Sale
- Blog Sale Sneak Peak
- Estee Lauder Introduces Cyber White Brilliant Cells
- Stila Illuminating Finishing Powder in Rose Gold:Review,Swatches
- Stila Smudge Pot Gel Liner in ultraviolet