- Price: INR 2000
- Quantity: 125 ml
Well, I went and got this after I put up the Skin care for the woman in her 30’s post. Many of you started asking about glycolic peels and retinol for the skin. I went searching for appropriate products in my favourite brand Clarins. I also searched for something apt in Clinique and Shiseido but found nothing too thrilling.
I finally got a product that could be used as a glycolic peel because of the ingredient glycolic acid. What is this you ask? Glycolic acid is the smallest α-hydroxy acid. A Glycolic peel, or alpha hydroxy acid peel, removes the top layer of skin, prompting the production of new collagen and elastin
I was a bit apprehensive about using the product the first time because it is a peeling lotion. I did go for such a treatment once in KAYA and my face went red with lines due to an allergy I developed. I have combination skin and yes, at 32 skin is not young any more so, I was in two minds but I picked it up and thought why not! If it’s good then good and if not then precious money down the drain!
This refreshing exfoliating lotion contains glycolic acid in a very small amount. It casts off dull, discoloured surface cells — speeding cellular turnover for a brighter, more even skin tone. Over a period of time it will gently fade-away freckles and dark spots for a brighter, younger-looking complexion.
Here is how you use it. You have to apply this to your face with a cotton pad soaked in the lotion. Cleanse your face, dry it and then swipe the cotton across the face and neck, avoiding the eye contour area. You can then follow it up with your regular skin care. Clarins advices you to use it 1 to 2 times per week. Use at your own discretion.
Now let me tell you about my experience with this product. I have sensitive skin and hence I am scared to use anything on my face. So once I applied this I went over my face bout 3 to 4 times and it stung post application. The sensation subsided in a few seconds. So my advice, if you have sensitive skin, please go over your face only once, ONLY ONCE. It will suffice. I will use this only once in 15 days. Enough for me.
I feel a glycolic peel is ok once a month. If you go over board with this and have these treatments weekly or even more frequently, they will interfere with the skin’s protective barrier. This can lead to chronic levels of inflammation, thread veins and blotchy discolouration. These treatments make skin overly sensitive to sunlight, or hyper-photosensitive.
That means that the minute you go in to the sun, you’ll be at risk of developing patches of dark brown pigment, and this skin discolouration can be even more ageing than wrinkles.
If you decide to use this peel that you will haave to Wear a broad spectrum high SPF of between 30 and 50.
Let me explain the ingredients:
- Sea Lily has melanocytes which delivers melanin pigments to the epidermis.
- Grapefruit’s active principles contains, such as carbohydrates, amino acids and fruit acids, are responsible for its moisturizing and cleansing action, while the flavenoids normalize the permeability and increase the resistance of capillaries. This synergy is what produces its purifying effect.
- Tamarind fruit extracts exfoliate and brighten
- White nettle flower extracts have astringent capabilities
- Mimosa tenuiflora extracts help soothe skin
Will I buy it again?
What I like about Clarins White Plus HP Clear Softening Peeling Gentle Renewing Lotion:-
- It is an apt product for people in their 30’s and 40’s
- Unisex product
- Dermatologically tested
- All their products have plant extracts
- Formulated to suit Asian skin
- Formula tested on Asian skin as well
- No testing on animals (I love them for this)
- One of the best International brands
- Brightens the skin immediately on usage
- Easy to use
- Makes the skin smooth
- Refreshes the skin giving it a new and improved texture
- Takes away dead skin and cell
- Promotes the manufacturing of new skin cells
What I don’t like about Clarins White Plus HP Clear Softening Peeling Gentle Renewing Lotion:
- Only available at a Clarins counter in a mall in a few select cities in India
- Burns slightly if skin is sensitive
- Think twice before you use it, because it is peeling the top layer of your skin.
Have you tired Clarins White Plus HP Clear Softening Peeling Gentle Renewing Lotion?
You may also like reading:
- Clarins Gentle Peeling Smooth Away Cream Review
- Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Mask Review
- Clarins Toning Lotion Sans Alcohol with Chamomile
- Clarins Multi-Active Day Early Wrinkle Correction Cream
- How To Make Lip Gloss From Lipstick
- Lord and Berry Smudgeproof Eye Pencil Olive Review, Swatches
- How To Store Nail Polish Collection – DIY
- L’occitaine Green Tea Solid Perfume (THE VERT) Review
- How To Make Lip Gloss From Lipstick