DIY brown sugar and honey scrub
How many of you lovely ladies like using body scrubs? All of you I’m sure. I definately do and my favourite are from the body shop. There are so many types from so many different brands these days that it is difficult to pick the appropriate one. If you know to make your own scrub then you can avoid the chemicals that also go into the scrub and have a truly organic scrub that costs almost nothing.
Also, since the festive season is approaching us wouldn’t it be nice to make this scrub and give it to your friends? I thought I would do one and show you how in anticipation of the cool weather.
During summer it is fine to use a scrub that is floral or citric not only is it refreshing but it is also cooling on the skin. Now that autumn/winter is coming then you need a scrub that is moisturising and give that warm feeling. Honey, brown sugar, almond and olive scrubs are ideal.
For this lovely DIY scrub you will need the following:
- Half a cup of soft brown sugar. It is finer and gentler than white sugar and good for sensitive skin.
- 2 teaspoons of honey. Honey is a natural source of antioxidants and is a HUMECANT thus helping skin retain moisture.
- Two teaspoons of olive / essential oil. I love the rich moisturizing effect of olive oil but you can use other oils as well like almond oil, rosehip, rose and walnut.
- Half a teaspoon of nutmeg, cinnamon powder or vanilla essence. You can add this to enhance the fragrance of the scrub. This is optional.
- Vessel to mix it or like me a CCD dessert shot glass.
- Small jar/container to store it.
Mix all the ingredients together in the vessel of your choice and once you are done just transfer it to the pretty glass jar or container. That’s it. You’re done. Your own home made brown sugar scrub. I would suggest you make small batches of this so that you can use it up when it’s fresh. Enjoy.
Have you ever made your own body scrub? What are your ingredients?
You may also like reading:
- 5 DIY Anarkali Suits Designs
- Five minutes Home made herbal green tea toner
- Trendy Sterling Silver Jewellery For A Good Cause
- Bridal Skin Care At Home – Homemade Toner-DIY
- Colorbar Creme Touch Lipstick Cafe Latte Review & Swatches
- How To Makeup Lip Scrub At Home |Homemade Lip Srub-DIY
- Green Tea For Weight Loss Does It Work
- MAC Mineralize Blush Love Joy Review And Swatches
- Lord and Berry Smudgeproof Eye Pencil Olive Review, Swatches