When I started investing in over-the-counter skincare, I was looking for a night cream that would also help fade blemishes left behind by acne. This was the very first night cream I purchased. Prior to this, I’d been using only what my Dermatologist had prescribed. I liked that this claimed to “peel” and reveal new skin. But at the same time, I was a bit apprehensive if it would cause any irritation since my skin is moderately sensitive.
About Garnier Light Overnight Peeling Fairness Cream:-
Long dan extract is associated to vitamin CG to help reduce melanin production responsible for darkening and dark spots formation.
Your skin is visibly fairer and more even toned with a healthy glow, dark spots are reduced.
The other products claims can be seen in the following pic (there’s a LOT of text on every side of the box ):
- Quantity: 18gms
- Price: INR 89
- Shelf life: 3 years from mfg date
- Packaging: It comes in a glass tub that looks bright yellow and opaque when the jar is full. The jar is actually transparent and has only a slight yellow tint. It has a white plastic screw cap that makes this leak-proof. I bought the smaller trial-version that is tiny and thus compact and travel-friendly. The tub comes in an outer carton with complete product details.
- Fragrance: It has a strong lemon fragrance that I found a bit difficult to tolerate. It’s quite acidic and those with a sensitive nose may have trouble with this one.
- Color & Consistency: The cream is pure white in color and has a gel-crème consistency that is slightly whipped.
My experience with Garnier Light Night Peeling Fairness Cream:
The cream feels light when you scoop it out of the jar and it spreads easily. It does take a bit of time to sink in and get fully absorbed. After application, it felt heavy and greasy but strangely when I touched my skin there was no oiliness. But the heavy sensation of the cream made me really uncomfortable and I couldn’t even sleep properly since I was afraid I was going to transfer it onto my pillow. Plus, I couldn’t bear the thought of anyone coming anywhere close to my face when I had this on and add to that the cloying fragrance…urrgh! Needless to say, it was downright unpleasant.
The good news is that it did not break me out. Phew! In the morning, skin looked plump, supple and there was a fresh radiance (after I washed off all the gunk, of course ). As far as peeling is concerned, it doesn’t really “peel” the skin the way chemical peels or bleaches do. It is just a loose term and I did not find any redness or dryness. It also did not sting or irritate my skin. But those with sensitive skin may want to do a patch test since lemon is an ingredient that can irritate very sensitive skin.
After continuous usage, I found that it did fade my blemishes to some extent. The “fairness” effects are short-lived and if you stop using the cream your skin simply goes back to square one.
What I like aboutGarnier Light Night Peeling Fairness Cream:-
- Packaging is leak-proof and travel-friendly
- Comes with an outer carton with complete product details
- Cream spreads easily
- In the morning, skin looks fresh, radiant and well hydrated
- Fades minor blemishes
- Did not break me out
- Available in 2 sizes
- Reasonable priced
- Easily available
What don’t I like about Garnier Light Night Peeling Fairness Cream:-
- Feels heavy and greasy after application. Those with oily skin would do better without this on all night.
- Lemon fragrance is quite strong and those with a sensitive nose may find it cloying
- Gives temporary results
Final thoughts: I feel this night cream would suit those with dry skin better since it hydrates really well. Those with oily skin may want to avoid this since it feels icky and greasy. It does work on the blemishes and I liked the effect I saw in the morning, but the heaviness of the cream and the strong fragrance is a huge turn off for me and it is for this reason that I will not consider a re-purchase.
Have you tried Garnier Light Night Peeling Fairness Cream?
You may also like reading:
- Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Shower Gel Review
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Gel Review
- Best Foundation For Uneven Skin Tone
- Faces Nail Enamel Golden Red Purple18 Review & NOTD
- Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser Review
- Bare Escentuals Face Shaping ‘V’ Brush Review & Discussion
- Best Hair Products For Frizzy Hair
- Yardley London Jasmine Body Spray Review