There are times when a bit of extra work pays off royally. That is what happened with the Illamasqua skin base foundation in Au. The color, if you may notice, is a playoff at gold, the scientific symbol of the metal is the name of the product. This beauty comes from the metallic range of the foundation series.
About Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation Shade Au:-
Skin Base is the ultimate ‘skin realism’ foundation and provides a medium coverage. For a flawless finish Illamasqua recommends to apply Skin Base with the Foundation Brush or Highlighter Brush for buffing and is versatile enough to apply with your fingers. It also works beautifully as a liquid concealer, highlighter and contour.
Gold is a chemical element with the symbol Au.
* Glisten in the glory of your Golden Goddess Alter Ego
* Use to create a neutral sculpted and sun-kissed complexion
* Can be used as a tan neutral blush or bronze effect
* Beautiful golden caramel highlight for Asian and Black Beauty tones
* Use it directly on your skin or add it to moisturiser, primer, sunscreen or body lotion to give skin a radiant, healthy appearance.
* Use as an eyelid base and create a dramatic look with the Neutral Eye Shadow Palette
* Based upon Skin Base Foundation 11 with added golden shimmer
* Can be buffed into the skin with Illamasqua highlighting brush and worn under or over Skin Base Foundation
* Try mixing with your other foundations to add durability and a warm golden shimmer.
INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, TALC, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, MICA, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CYCLOMETHICONE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ISOSTEARIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, NIACINAMIDE, SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER, SODIUM HYALURONATE,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77002 (ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE)].
- Price: £27.00
- Quantity: 30 ml.
Now that we have finished all that, let us look at the beauty of this, shall we?
First things first. I know you guys are dying to know how this foundation turns out, right? Well, if I must tell you guys the truth, I have to blend it because the color is not to be used alone. The name, Au, is apt, because the color comes with a huge amount of golden shimmers in it, which leaves your skin with a brilliant afterglow, that will highlight your features and make them look flawless on camera. However, if you are thinking of going out for a light night and do not want artifice, then this color is not for you. I will be honest. This particular product is meant, yes, meant, for night outs, parties, bridal makeup, etc. If you are going out for the night, and want your face and shoulders to shimmer in the disco lights, go ahead! Use this! You will not be disappointed. It is slightly difficult to blend in, but once blended, it gives a gorgeous shimmer.
On my skin, I do not like much glitter, but I have used this mixed with moisturizer for my hand, shoulders, back and neck, before going out for a party, and my face has glowed.
Now for your observation skills. Can you guys tell me by looking at the hand swatch, which part of the skin has the skin finish, and which part does not? I think most of you will be able to pick out the bronzey golden parts easily, but yes, also observe the micro glitters which do not get picked up by the camera overmuch. Instead, my skin looks golden and well-fed. It also stays a good period of time, and I like it immensely.
Here is an FOTD I did of myself.
MAC lickable on my lips, a light bronzey blue eye-do, with a bit of dark blue kajal, and this was my sixth hour of wearing my makeup. I took this photo with the flash pointed directly at my face at a friend’s place to show you guys what I am talking about. The camera captures my flawless skin (and let me tell you, I don’t have it at all!) and you can see my face glowing nicely without looking artificial or scary. That my dearies, is the power of the gold. However, this is for wheatish to dark women, and I fear that the color will not suit women with fair or pinkish skin.
What I liked about Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation Shade Au
- Gorgeous color payoff
- Stays a long time
- Makes me look glowing and healthy
- The glitters are not captured by camera, and is hardly detectable until observed closely
What I do not like about Illamasqua Skin base Foundation shade Au:-
- The price
- The availability
- The glitters
- Not suited to all skin types
- The blending
Personally speaking, I adore it. it is expensive and availability is a $%^&* but its good for those luxurious times when you want yourself to look your absolute best.
Have you tried Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation Shade Au?
You might like reading these also:-
- Young Discover Youthopia Foundation Review & Swatches
- L’oréal Paris Infallible Foundation Review
- 7 Must Have L’Oreal Products
- My 4 Best Foundations That Photograph Well
- Loreal True Match Super-Blendable Two-Way Powder Foundation Review