LACTO CALAMINE Sun Shield Review
How many of us have seen Lacto Calamine around us ever since we were young? It is almost a household name. My Nana in Goa used it and when we lived in Goa for a while my mom had a bottle handy and made me use it too.
- Price: INR 199
- Quantity: 50 ml
Now firstly, the product is so cheap and for SPF 30 it is very very good. I have not seen anything with SPF 30 in the Indian market that is so cheap. So SPF (Sun Protection Factor)30 with PA++ and some great ingredients like Lemon extracts to keep oil in control and Vitamin E that helps reduce dark spots and pigmentation make it a good sun screen. It also has a PH value of 7.5
PH is a measure of acidity vs. alkalinity. On a scale of 1-10, 7 represents neutrality, lower numbers indicate increasing acidity and higher numbers increasing alkalinity. 7 being neutral, neither acid nor base. Pure water has a pH of 7.
I have already reviewed 2 sunscreens:
The Clarins one still remains my favourite to this day but well its nice to try new things specially from a reputed brand like Lacto Calamin.
On application the cream goes on smoothly. The skin feels nice and smooth. Generally like any cream. It is not thin but slightly on the thicker side. From the swatch below you can see the slight whitish cast and the ashy look is quite visible along the jaw area. It settles in a while but within a few seconds there is sweat along the upper lip and then all over the face and it is really a pain in the neck.
Mumbai is kinda humid these days and so the sweating is a lot more than usual. If you are in a cool environment then your face is just oily and shiny but if u are in a bit of heat then the sweat just drips along the contours of your face. The product has a nice smell and faintly smells of sandal wood not lemon. It contains lemon so one would presume it would smell of lemon but nopes. It is nothing great really. If you have dry skin then it is an apt product. I will keep it for now and then use it during winter. It gets fairly cold here even for Mumbai so it will be handy then.
It is a good thing it cost only 200 Rs or else I would have been very dissapointed to have it just lying in the drawer cause by winter I would have forgotten it was even there.
ALWAYS use sunscreen before you step out into the sun. It will protect you from UVA (Ultra Violet A) rays and UVB (Ultra Violet B) rays. The older you get, sunscreen becomes your best friend.
What I like about LACTO CALAMINE Sun Shield:
- Good reputed and well known brand
- Contains some good ingredients such as Lemon Extract and Vitamin E
- PH value 7.5
- Has SPF 30 PA++
- Contains Vitamine E and Lemon extracts
- Application is easy
- Skin feels smooth and moisturised
- Did not cause any pimples so I guess non-comedogenic
- Require as much as a green pea for the face and little below the chin
- Very good for dry skin
- Oily skinned women can use it during winter
- Tube with flip top, so hygenic
- Travel friendly
- Can be found at pharmacies all over India
What I don’t like about LACTO CALAMINE Sun Shield:
- Leaves a whitish cast for a few minutes
- Makes the face sweat like anything once outdoors
- Oily skin has to stay far away from this
- Have you tried using LACTO CALAMINE Sun Shield?
You may also like reading:
- Skin Miracle Bio Whitening Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 Review
- Lotus Herbals Daily Multi-Function Sunblock SPF 70 PA+++ Review
- Products To Protect From Sun Tan On Beaches
- My 5 Best Of Lakme Sun Expert Cucumber & Lemon Grass Range
- SPF 40 Sunscreen:Shahnaz Hussain Sunscreen Review
- Lakme Sun Expert Cucumber & Lemon Grass Fairness Sunscreen Review
- Lotus Safe Sun 3-in-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock Review
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Intensive Sunblock Spray SPF 50 Review
- Lotus Sunscreen – Lotus Anti Tan Gel Review
- 3 Harmful Sunscreen Ingredients – Wise She Cosmetic Dictionary
- Shahnaz Hussain Shamoist enriched moisture milk (Product review and my demand