Hi all !
There are times you go back to the basics. This is one such product.
Maybelline Watershine has been around the block for a while now, and what I love is the fact that it is one of the best value-for-money lip glosses for those who love a bit of glitz and fun in their lives. I personally adore the color and quality of the products, and the fact that it comes with a doe-foot applicator, and it is really easy to apply it.
- Price: INR 210/-
- Quantity: 3 ml
Apart from being of good quality, these are also one of the most underrated lip glosses. I do not know why. I have a few, and they actually do a better job than most other lip glosses in the same price range.
The formula for the glosses is sticky, and they contain micro-glitters which add a good bit of shine. The gloss is not runny, compact, very travel-friendly, and useful. The slightly curved doe-footed applicator makes it super-easy to use, and it molds itself to the shape of the lips, giving it sheer to semi-sheer coverage, depending on how you apply it.
Maybelline Watershine Liquid Diamonds Strawberry Carats 08 Swatches:-
The color Strawberry Carats is really pink and it gives a lovely pinkish sheer shine to my lips. I have been using it on and off in the mornings for the Durga Puja (as, it is not the done thing to put on too much makeup during the morning when you are going over to your neighborhood “puja”) and it stays on my lips for a couple of hours if I do not eat or drink. The formula is, however, not very moisturizing, and it has glitters that settle down on my lips, so dry-lipped or chap-lipped beauties should perhaps stay away from this. However, it stays for a sufficient period of time and gives my lips a lovely natural gloss without going overboard. It also does not taste of anything (and I am not tempted to lick my lips every half hour).
The formula, as of now, has not blend much yet, so that is a blessing too.
Here is how it looks on my lips. Its daylight and I applied it without even consulting a mirror to show its effective nature even if there is not a single mirror in sight.
The second image is a cropped out version from a picture in the morning… doesn’t this look good on me (albeit blurry, but… you get the general drift, right?)
What I like about Maybelline Watershine Liquid Diamonds:
- Available both online and offline
- Easy to use
- Sturdy applicator
- Really travel friendly and compact
- Nice color
- Stays for a couple of hours (most glosses go away under one hour on my lips)
What I don’t like about Maybelline Watershine Liquid Diamonds:
- Dry lipped or chap-lipped beauties might face trouble with this
- Micro glitters settle on my lip lines sometimes
- Not too hydrating
WiseShe Rating: 3/5
Overall, I think this range is nice, though there are some issues.
Have you tried Maybelline Watershine Liquid Diamonds ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Maybelline New Watershine Pure Natural Water Lip Color MF21 Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick On the Mauve, Glamorous Red and Pleasure Me Red Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Choco Pop & Plaza Pink Review & Swatches
- Maybelline BB Cream In Shade Radiance Review
- Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick in C22 Review
- Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick Purple Diamond Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorama Silver Sand Nail Paint Review & Swatches