Don’t you just love new and unique products which not only work great on you but also puzzle with the thought process that went behind them? That’s what attracted me to this blush from Physicians Formula. I admit when it comes to this brand, I love their blushes, eyeliners, highlighters, etc, so I don’t hesitate or doubt the quality of their products. But this one just dazzled me with the science behind it…This is one of those products which you see, use and makes you realize that makeup really is a SCIENCE!!
So, PF has recently come out with a new range of products called the PF Matchmaker; this includes lipgloss, blush and bronzer. The funda behind this is that it’s supposed to contain a fluorescein dye which when applied, will detect the PH level in your skin and adjust the color to suit you accordingly…This reminded me a bit of the Smashbox O-glow blushes which came out last year and the MAC Matchmaster Foundations out in India earlier this year. Hence, I just had to try this out! They have 2 blushes in shades Natural and Rose. I picked Rose because I thought Natural may watch me out a bit..
About the Phycisians Formula PH Matchmaker Blush:
- 1st Ever Blush with pH Power Complex transforms into your perfectly personalized hue.
- Fluorescein Based Dye-senses the pH level of your skin & adjusts within 60 seconds to create your perfect blushing glow.
- Photochronic Powders-light adjusting pigments adapt to your environment so color looks the same indoors & outside
- Price: $12.95
- Quantity: 6g
It comes with a nice large mirror which is useful for touch ups and a brush as well. The brush is actually quite useful..It’s shaped like the brushes which come with the Benefit boxed blushes althought these are softer and easy to use. The li’l extra this comes with is movie-star type lights!! Yes! There is a tiny switch on the right of the mirror; jut flip it up and the lights go on! Cool right?
My take on the Phycisians Formula PH Matchmaker Blush in Rose:
- Color & Texture: In the pan, the blush looks like a bright n scary Fuschia Pink with silver shimmers…Well, worry not! The silver shimmers are just over spray and you can just use a fan brush or any other light brush to whisk it away. Once thats gone and you swatch it, it turns out to me a nice satin textured blush. So it’s not super matte and won’t make your skin look dry.
- Pigmentation: This blush is insanely pigmented…and when I say insanely, I mean it! The finger swatches you see below is just a single swipe. So this blush has to be used very sparingly. I know it’s supposed to change color on your skin to suit you, but overdoing it will still make you look like a clown..so beware.
- Staying Power: This blush stays for about 6hrs (I haven’t worn it for longer) and doesn’t fade at all.. I got home and the blush still looked freshly applied…
I didn’t dwell much on the color description for the simple reason that it really does look different on different people…guess thats the PH matching doing its work. When I first applied it, I applied it with a very light hand mind you and it looked like a very very pale pink on my cheek..kind of like NYX powder blush in Pinched…and amazingly..withing 5mins it had changed color to an almost hot Pink which looked amazing…I have attached both pics below so you can see how it changed..
I tried it on a friend who came over one day and it took on a more lighter appearance on her…So yes, I can personally attest to the fact that this does work and that the color does change I’m not going to say that this is a must have because some may find it confusing not to know exactly what color they will end up with on their cheeks, but nevertheless this is a very interesting product that will retain that interest for a long time. Plus, its a real collectable for any blush lover out there
Swatches of Phycisians Formula PH Matchmaker Blush in Rose:
Here is the blush when I applied it…As you can see, I applied a very tiny bit.
And this is the color to which it changed..amazing right??
What I like about Phycisians Formula PH Matchmaker Blush in Rose:
- Sooooo very interesting to use.
- Easy to blend…it’s really soft
- A collectible item for a blush lover
- It really does change color and it looks quite flattering on me
- The overspray can be easily brushed off which is a plus since I hate shimmery blushes
- It has a tiny light!
- Comes with a good sized mirror and a brush which is useable.
- Travel friendly packaging
What I don’t like about Phycisians Formula PH Matchmaker Blush in Rose:
- Those new to blush may find this uncomfortable to use.
- Those whose PH balance doesn’t vary or who have acidic type skin will find that the color won’t change at all..so it’s may be a regular blush for those.
Have you tried the Phycisians Formula PH Matchmaker Blush in Rose?
You may also like to read:
- NYX Lip Lacquer Pot in Coralicious :Review, Swatches
- LA Girl Crème Lipstick Secret Admirer Review & Swatches
- Ambika Pillai Toast Lipgloss Review &Swatches
- MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Mat4 Matte Antique Pink Lipstick Review & FOTD
- MAC Stay in Touch Cremesheen Lipstick :Swatch,Review & FOTD
- Makeup Suggestion For Karwa Chaut
- La Vie en Rose (Life through rose colored glass)The Rosy Flush(Makeup tutorial)
- Flower Inspired Makeup Look
- Seductive Eye Makeup With The Balm Shady lady palette
- The Balm Hot Mama Blush Review & Swatches