I know a lot of you must be going, “Red Earth?? Never heard of it! Which brand is this?” For those of you who don’t know, Red Earth is an Australian brand of color cosmetics that focuses on eco-friendly products. At one point they were bought by Espirit but now they are planning buy back their rights. Over the years, the brand has almost become extinct. The few products that are available now are being sold off at dirt cheap prices across the globe. Why you ask? The brand is staging a comeback and they probably want to get rid of all the old stock to make way for new products.
So, why in the world am I reviewing something that you can’t even get on your hands on?? Becaaaause…. it’s my favoritesssst eye shadow in the whole world! I’m not much of an eye shadow person and own only a few, most of which were gifted to me by someone else. But this shade has won my heart and there was a point of time when I used to wear this every single day (sometimes even at home ). Inspite of all that usage, I’ve only managed to create a minor dent in the pan. Why oh why do these products like last forever and ever? Makes it so much harder to throw them away once their time is up
- Quantity: 1.5 gms
- Price: Again, no idea since mine was a gift. But I do know this brand has a very affordable range of cosmetics. Hope they retain that when they re-launch
- Packaging: Simple, dull-silver packaging with a see-through lid that makes identifying shades a breeze. It has a screw-top lid and the pan inside is the exact size of a Rs.2 coin . I actually placed a coin in the pan and it fit purrrfectly So yeah, this is a tiny tub and very travel-friendly. It does not come with a mirror or applicator.
- Pigmentation: The pigmentation is decent but not all that great. Nevertheless, it can easily be built up. The color is not at all chalky and layering it on only makes the shade look better. The fall-out is minimal as well.
- Staying power: I can’t quite judge the staying power since it looks (and feels) like second skin. But I don’t think these are very long lasting. I’m not sure if that’s the case with this particular shade since it is very light in tone.
- Sensitivity: Most eye shadows make my eyes water but I haven’t faced such an issue with this one. I’ve used it for ages and in abundance yet it has never irritated my eyes.
Shade Description:Red Earth Metallic Eye Shadow BE017
Aah! This is the only reason I’m even writing (typing??) this review. It is a golden-beige shade that has faint yellow undertones. This will suit those with warm complexion beautifully. The shade is so versatile that even cool-toned beauties can carry it off. It says “metallic” on the box and I actually am not too fond of metallic shades. But the shimmer in this is sooo finely milled that it gives just a subtle sheen when worn. The best part is that this shade matches my skin tone to the T and no-one can ever guess I have eye shadow on. What’s the point then, you ask? Well…these are the ways in I use this shade:
- I pack the color onto my entire lid and it instantly brightens up my eyes. On days when I feel my eyelids look dull and darker than the rest of my face, I just sweep this on and it makes me look fresh and awake.
- It can be used as eye shadow base since it’s a very neutral shade and blends well with my natural skin tone. It can also be blended with a deeper shadowto soften or tone down the color.
- I use this as a highlighter since it has a lovely sheen that is in no way OTT. I apply in on the bridge of my nose, brow bone and cupid’s bow. I don’t use it on my cheek only because I have highly acne-prone skin.
- If you own a similar shade, you can also mix some of it with your moisturizer for an overall glow.
Red Earth Metallic Eye Shadow BE017 Swatches:-
I’ve decided not put up an EOTD because the camera simply refuses to capture the shade. I had enough trouble with the finger swatch…it only showed up under artificial light and not under sunlight .Plus, I’ve used this all over my lid in many EOTD’s that I’ve previously done. Bet you can’t guess which one To be honest, even I have trouble guessing in which one I have it on and in which one I don’t
Final thoughts on Red Earth Metallic Eye Shadow:
I’ve had this eye shadow in my stash for more than a decade! Yup, that’s right….more than 10 long years and simply can’t seem to let go of it I know, I know, it expired ages ago! I’m someone who’s usually very particular about using fresh products but I seem to have a soft corner for this Well, I guess it’s about time I bid adieu to this and the purpose of this review is to help me find a dupe so that I can find a worthy replacement before I say goodbye.Any reccomendations?
Have you tried the Red Earth Metallic Eye Shadow?
You may also like reading:
- MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow: Review, Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Sketch Review & Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow in Moleskin: Review & Swatches
- 11 MAC Eyeshadows For Brown Eyes
- 5 Ways To Use MAC Espresso Eyeshadow & MAC Espresso Swatches
- Loreal Hairmix Supreme Smooth Review
- L’oreal 24 Hour Superliner Gel Eyeliner Swatches
- L’Oreal Glam Shine Reflexion Lip Gloss Photos And Swatches
- Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo And Conditioner Review
- L’oreal Paris Smooth Intense Instant Smoothing Serum Review
- L’oreal True Match Super Blendable Foundation Review & some updates