It’s no secret that I love neutral eyeshadows…I can’t seem to have enough of them. So when I had the opportunity to get this baby from Ric, I jumped at the chance. I also have the Sleek iDivine palette which is amazing and it was without a second thought that I picked this palette as well. But I should have done my research Girls…Read on to know more…
This palette comes in a thin, rectangular form and houses 12 shades within. It also includes a full-sized mirror which is really helpful and a double-ended sponge tip applicator which would probably work well in emergencies..
About Sleek Au Naturel Palette
Sleek MakeUP’s legendary i-Divines are 12 shades of high-quality, super-pigmented eyeshadow, suited to every skin tone.
- Price: $9.99
Sleek Au Naturel Palette Ingredients:-
My experience with Sleek Au Naturel Palette
- Pigmentation: Its a 50-50 case here…the upper row sucks in pigmentation…like literally..I had the toughest time trying to get them on camera…it’s like playing ‘Spot the color’.. I can’t understand how Sleek of all companies with such an amazing track record of high quality products could come up with this.
- Texture: All shades are silky soft. Even though the pigmentation in the first row is disappointing, the shades are still not chalky.
- Staying Power: I can’t comment on the shades with poor pigmentation but all the rest stay put on my lids for more than 5-6hrs without a primer.
- Versatility: The shades on the lower row are amazing….I use them to line my lower lashline as well and it works very well that way too.
This is quite a disappointment isnt it? Though some shades in the upper row are quite nice like Taupe and Nougat, the others are to light…I had high hopes from Toast but it hardly shows up unless I dig and dig…But yes, the colors which do work are fantastic! 8 of the 12 shades in this palette exceed my expectations.
I may have been a bit harsh of my judgement of the palette as a whole but this I feel is majorly because of the quality of their other palettes. Everyone of them excels in pigmentation and wear. Had it ben some other brand, I would have infact expected some duds in the palette but th efact that it’s Sleek which has produced even 4 bad shades amongst 12 is a bit of a let down.
All in all, this is genuinely a nice palette if you’re a beginner in makeup or even if you are a neutral lover like I am. Its perfect for a smokey eye and good work-wear looks.
Swatches of Sleek Au Naturel Palette
What I love about Sleek Au Naturel Palette
- Get 12 eyeshadows in a single palette
- Comes with a full sized mirror an an applicator
- Compact and travel friendly
- A great palette for daily use
- Beginners would lover this
- A very work appropriate palette if I may say so…
- 8 of the 12 shades in the palette are amazingly pigmented which is a plus
- Contains a good combi of matte and shimmery shades
- None of the shimmers are chunky and are very minute
- Texture is silky smooth
- Easy on the pocket
What I dislike about the Sleek Au Naturel Palette
- I feel like this is the only Sleek palette which has even 4 shades which lack in pigmentation.
- Availability is an issue
Have you tried the Sleek Au Naturel Palette?
You may also like reading:
- 16 MAC Heavenly Creature Summer 2012 Collection Swatches
- Inglot Blush-Freedom System 36: Review & Swatches
- Rimmel Powder Blush Peach Review & Swatches
- 9 Beautiful Kryolan Blush Reviews
- Kryolan Blush R6 Review & Swatches
- L’Oreal HiP Blendable Blushing crème Spry: Review & Swatches
- ELF Studio Blush in Peachykeen: Review, Swatches
- MAC Peachtwist Sheertone Shimmer Blush Review, Swatches & FOTD
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Diva: Review, Swatches
- MAC Blush Love Cloud ( Tres Cheek Collection): Review & Swatches
- Inglot Cream Blush 84: Review and Swatches