9 Ways To Use Tea Tree Oil :-
- Treat acne: Experiencing a zit attack? Tea tree-infused acne meds can help tame acne flare-ups! Dermatologists will also recommend the use of tea tree oil paired with glycolic acid to treat pimples.
- Cure scalp conditions. You can add a few drops of tea tree oil to your regular shampoo or Tea tree-infused shampoos usually contain about 2 to 5% concentration of the oil (any more than that and it will be too strong). It helps to rid the scalp of fungus and bacteria causing dandruff and itchy scalp. It can also help unblock hair follicles to prevent even more bacteria build-up, all the while moisturizing the scalp. It will even prevent head lice. Massage it in, leave it on for 5-7 minutes and rinse off.
- Womens Issues: Tea tree oil has disinfectant properties and can be a good remedy for genito-urinary tract infections like vaginitis, thrush, pruitis and cystitis. Use a few drops in your bath water to treat this.
- Immunity Booster: It can act as an immune system booster. It enables the body to battle many infections. Using tea tree oil is especially helpful if the body has become weak due to stress, illness or after extended treatment with antibiotics.
- Keeps bugs away. I will tell you what I do. I mix the Tea Tree oil with a little mineral or sunflower oil and put it in a spray bottle and then spray it on the sofa and on the bed off and on. It can kill bacteria and viruses, and it can also act as an insect deterrent by keeping mosquitoes, fleas, lice, and flies away. Since Kelly sleeps on the bed with us, it’s a good precaution to take. Pet or not, it is something you can follow effectively.
- Keep wounds clean. With all its bacteria-fighting powers, you can use tea tree to treat cuts and open wounds. It is diluted generally when bought from a chemist so you can apply it directly on open wounds, boils, sores, cuts and insect stings.
- Helps calm eczema and dermatitis. Eczema is a skin condition that shows up in dryness and skin rashes. Oftentimes, the skin gets itchy, starts to crust, then blister or crack. Instad of using steroids to treat this condition. 10 drops of tea tree essential oil and one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to a warm bath can help you. Just soak the affected area for about 20 minutes, giving the oils time to work its antiseptic magic on your skin.
- Inhaling Remedies: The oil can be inhaled by adding few drops in a vaporizer or steam bath. What it does is it provides an instant remedy for constant cold and cough, bronchitis, asthma, cough, catarrh, tuberculosis and sinusitis.
- Pets: My favourite remedy. I use a drop in Kellys shampoo to keep tics and skin rash at bay. It does her no harm. The vet too said it’s ok but I had one pet parent who said it’s not advisable for cats.
In the end I would always advice caution when using anything. Excess of anything is bad and athough tea tree oil has no known side effects I’ve read where it could alter hormone levels. Other than that some individuals may be sensitive to it and have allergic reactions, such as mild contact dermatitis or blisters and rashes. Undiluted or not properly mixed with carrier oil, tea tree oil can cause redness, skin irritation, itching and blistering.
As awesome as this oil sounds, Tea tree oil CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be internally consumed even in small quantities. It can cause impaired immune function, potential central nervous system depression and diarrhea also excessive sleepiness, drowsiness and confusion.
You can find tea tree oil in many health stores, pharmacies, online and in natural health stores. There are different potencies and variations of tea tree oil available to buy, so you can try different ones to find the product that is best for you. You can do some more research online about the many uses for tea tree oil.
For those of you who are not aware of what particular Tea Tree Oil product to buy then you can look for Aroma Magic’s essential oil. It is widely available and products Price: Rs. 300 for 15ml and online you can get it at a discounted price for for Rs.240
Have you tried Tea Tree oil products? Do you use the essential oil as a home remedy? Share some of your experiences with us.
You may also like to read:
- Tea tree oil – Body Shop tea tree oil review – Effective acne
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash Review
- ReviewMary Kay Botanical Customized Skin Care Formula 3 for Oily Skin Review
- Avon Naturals Tea Tree & Thyme Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- Body Shop Tea Tree Concealer Review
- Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Nose Pore Mask Review
- Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Blemish Solver Review
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Gel Review
- Best Tea Tree Oil Face Wash Suggestions
- Lush Tea Tree Toner/Lush Tea Tree Water Review
- Tea tree oil for health ,skin and hair care