About 2-3mts earlier, I happened to see this video by Michelle Phan where she created a smokey eye look with a Lilac eyeshadow..I was instantly smitten and wanted to try out the look but unfortunately didn’t have a similar shade in my vanity. So when I received a message from a friend in Mumbai as to whether I wanted anything from Colorbar that she could get on her way back to Pune, I jumped at the opportunity and asked her to get me a Lilac eyeshadow. And angel that she is, she picked the exact shade I wanted..Colorbar Lilac Dressing!
My take on Colorbar Eyeshadow in Lilac Dressing:
- Price & Quantity: 3gms for INR 300
- Pigmentation & Texture: This eyeshadow has a silky feel to it and is very well pigmented. It doesn’t take much effort to get the color onto the brush and onto my eyelid. It does have some fallout but not excessively so.
- Staying Power: It stays on my lids for the entire day although after about 4hrs or so, it loses its shimmer (but doesn’t look dull)
I’m in love with this….truly! Apart from the fact that it’s from my fav color family, it just looks so pretty…Even the hand swatches are so tempting. Another thing that I like about it is the staying power. I’d never tried Colorbar eyeshadows so I never truly realised its quality. It doesn’t crease on my lids and is so easy to blend out. The staying power is commendable and it looks gorgeous on the lids even if you simply use this alone and finish off with a liner.
Swatches of Colorbar Eyeshadow in Lilac Dressing:-
I used this eyeshadow here in my entry for the WiseShe contest.
Why I like the Colorbar Eyeshadow in Lilac Dressing:-
- At 300 bucks, this is a steal!
- Easy to blend
- Has shimmers but they are not at all blingey or OTT
- Doesn’t crease on my lids.
- Even without a base the color payoff is good and it stays on for the entire day
- Good pigmentation
Why I don’t like the Colorbar Eyeshadow in Lilac Dressing:
- All their shades are not available online and can be purchased from their store only.
Have you tried the Colorbar Eyeshadow in Lilac Dressing?
You may also enjoy reading:
- 7 Colorbar Eyeliner Reviews & Swatches
- Colorbar Eyeshadow Copper Crush Review
- 8 Colorbar Take Me As I Am lipcolors 01 Sensous Red Review & Swatches
- 17 Colorbar Velvett Matte Lipsticks Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Oh My Magenta Review and Swatches