Dear Wise She, for a long time, I was really enamored of Lush. I mean, they could do no wrong. Angels on Bare Face made me sing songs, Herbalism was my salve from the Gods, and Mask of Magnaminty was my manna from heaven. I washed my hair with Cynthia Sylvia Stout, because it made my hair super strong.
Then, one day, came the Sugar Scrub.
And I was happy to use it. Till I realized I could jolly well make it and it was a total loss.
And it would not get ruined like it did, too.
- Quantity: 100 gm.
- Price: INR 350/-
Lush Sugar scrub is one of the products that I received recently with my Vellvette box. I immediately pounced upon it, because it was the huge 100 gm. size thing that came into my eyes first. I read the instructions.
The ingredient list is very clearly written on the top of the scrub. The first three things, Sugar, Cooking Soda and Cream of Tartar were available around my house. Surprisingly, fresh fennel seeds (saunf) and ginger paste was, too. Lavender oil as well.
So basically, I was stuck with a green gob of sugar.
The first day, I broke off a piece. To break it, I needed a small mallet or something heavy. The thing felt like rock sugar, and it was quite harsh on my skin, and I had to rub my hands and elbow a lot to get it done. I liked this part. Also, it had a nice lavender and sugar smell which stayed for about 10-15 minutes after bath. I had to immediately use moisturizer afterwards, because it was quite drying.
The trouble started on the second day of keeping this in my bathroom. I saw a long row of red ants marching towards my scrub, breaking off precious bits, and carrying it back. I was surprised and petrified. The ants ate, ate and ate. Not even one of them fell sick. I took the scrub and put it in the freezer.
The next day, I found that some of the scrub had melted, because I put it in the freezer where it had attracted a lot of moisture.
Well, needless to say, I don’t think this scrub is for me.
I will stick to making my own.
Pros:Lush Sugar Scrub :-
- Nice color
- Nice smell
- Cleans my skin
- Simple list of ingredients
Cons:Lush Sugar Scrub :-
- Very drying
- Storing it is difficult
- Melts easily
- Contains SLS
Verdict: 2/5I am not going to buy it. Sorry.
Have you tried Lush Sugar Scrub?
You might like reading these also:-
- Lush Emotional Brilliance Motivation Eyeliner Review And Swatches
- Lush Enchanted Eye Cream Review
- Lush Cosmetic Warrior Mask Review
- Deborah Milano Hi-Tech Trio Eyeshadow 10 Green Rhapsody Review & Swatches
- Smokey Shimmery Blue Eye Makeup – Festive Eye Makeup Tutorial Entry 3
- Turquoise eyes Makeup – Wise She Festive Eye Makeup Entry 1
- My Singapore Shopping Haul
- Best Exfoliating Cream For Removing Tan
- Maybelline Baby Lips Color Lip Balm Rose Addict Review
- Red Glittery Eye Makeup – Festive Eye Makeup Tutorial Entry 2
- Cute Little Shopping From ShopInOnIt E-store