First off, I just realised I’m out of raunchy named blushes…for the longest time ( as brought to my notice by Jaanu), I was reviewing blushes with names like Torrid, Amour, etc…So today as I draft this post on a blush called ‘Gleeful’ I almost feel sad…One of the reasons being of all the blushes around, this particular shade from MAC truly deserves a sexier name.
My take on the MAC Gleeful Blush:
- Color: This blush is a deep, berry pink shade with gold shimmers. At first sight, it looks very similar to MAC LoveThing. But the difference is visible when you swatch them both. While LoveThing is a more sheer raspberry, Gleeful is a deeper berry pink.
- Price: INR 1400 approx.
- Quantity: 3.5g
- Pigmentation: Gleeful is intensely pigmented and one needs to be careful while applying it. A light dip in the pan is more than enough. A slight miscalculation would translate into clown cheeks.
- Staying Power: This blush stays on the entire day even thought the shimmer wears off within an hour or two..
- Application: I use a normal round blush brush , dip it lightly in the pan and then apply in circular motion from my hairline to the apple of my cheeks.
I know I feel this way about 90% blushes, but I LOVE this too!! Everything about it is lovable..the shade, the non-OTT shimmers, the way it looks on my cheeks…everything! I would classify this shade as a must have for sure
Swatches of MAC Gleeful Blush:
What I like about MAC Gleeful Blush:
- The deep berry shade is so unique and I haven’t seen this shade anywhere else.
- The shimmer is not OTT and doesn’t look like glitter on the cheeks like some shimmery blushes do.
- Staying power is good
- Would suit both fair and dusky skin tones.
- The lid is see through so its handy to identify the colors amongst others.
- Easy to blend.
What I didn’t like about MAC Gleeful Blush:
- Nothing! I love it!
You may also like to read:
- MAC HEAVENLY CREATURE MINERALIZE SKINFINISH STAR WONDER REVIEW & SWATCHES
- MAC Blush Immortal Flower( Tres Cheek Collection): Review, Swatches
- Jordana Coral Sandy Beach Bush Review And Swatches
- ELF Studio Blush in Blushing Rose: Review, Swatches
- Sleek Rose Gold Blush Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Nars Orgasm Vs MAC Springsheen Blush
- MAC Springsheen Blush Review & Swatches
- Covergirl Cheekers blush Rose Silk Review & Swatches
- MAC Breezy Shimmer Sheertone Shimmer Blush Review & Swatches