Mocha fudge cookies – a recipe
I love soft chewy cookies and the moment I found this recipe, I knew I had to try it. I did make several changes, but the cookies came out beautifully – fudgy and rich and completely irresistible!
- Butter – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1.5 cups
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- All purpose flour (maida) – 2 cups
- Cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Instant coffee powder – 1.5 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Chopped almonds and hazelnuts, mixed – 1/2 cup
- Milk chocolate chips – 3/4 cup
How To Make Mocha Fudge Cookies:-
- In a saucepan, toast the nuts over low heat for 10 min.
- Melt the butter using a double boiler method – heat water in a big pan and put a small bowl with the butter in it within that big pan, so that the butter melts while being away from direct heat.
- Keep the melted butter aside till it reaches room temperature.
- Pour it into a mixing bowl and add the sugar little by little, mixing well. Then add the eggs, one by one, and the vanilla essence. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking soda and salt, one by one, and mix till the dough forms.
- Add the toasted nuts and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 2 hours to eliminate any stickiness.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Roll the dough into small balls and space them out evenly on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake for 9-10 mins and then set the cookies aside to cool.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container, to maintain their soft and chewy texture and to avoid sogginess.
Let me know if you try baking these cookies. Bon appétit!
(adapted from How Sweet it is)
We have our weekend treats again now and you can check out our recipe section here
You may also like reading :
- Mathri Recipe – Wise She Weekend Treat
- Easy Breakfast Recipe – Spicy Potato Frankie
- Five Minute Simple Cake Recipe
- Spicy Chilli Paneer Sandwich Recipe – Wise She Weekend Treat