Haven’t you ever gotten really irritated at ads for fairness creams, skin lightening lotions and the likes? I do…very frequently although not for the exact same reasons. I mean I do hate the fact that its blatant lying and against the ‘Love the way you are’ endorsement but I also hate it because while companies try to make products to make one fair, they never take into consideration the problems that fair skinned girls may face. For as long as I remember I’ve suffered from a red face..Yea, as a kid everyone loved my skin because it was all pink and cute but along with that cuteness comes a lot of problems..In my case its redness around the nose and cheek area. I’ve always hated waking up in the morning, looking into the mirror and seeing those red splotches of color on my face.
I’d heard of color correctors being used abroad but it’s only early this year that I was able to get my hands on a few…I got this one first from UT and then got another one from Kryolan which I will be reviewing a bit later.
For starters, let me explain the concept of color correctors..rather than hide blemishes and imperfections like concealors do, color correctors neutralize the skin.
- Green correctors neutralizes redness
- If a certain area on the skin seems darker than the rest, then colors like oranges and bisques will counteract the darkness
- Dullness can be rectified with a lavender/pink corrector.
A creamy concealer in stick form to help camouflage blemishes, fine lines or skin issues. Conditioning ingredients ensure the formula blends easily with fingertips, brush or sponge, and appears natural. The cover-up creates medium to heavy coverage. Use the lavender for sallow skin, the green to neutralize redness, and the yellow for under-eye circles. Available in 12 shades.
Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Silica, Nylon-66, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/ Hexarosinate,Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ceresin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Polyethylene, Fragrance, Butylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, and BHT. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red Iron Oxide (77491), YellowIron Oxides (CI 77492), Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Chromium OxideGreens (CI 77288), or Ultramarines (CI 77007).
My take on NYX Concealor Stick in Pastel Green:
- Packaging: The concealor comes in a twist-up pen form. The lid is a clear plastic which is very sturdy and can be slipped into your purse or pocket very easily.
- Price: $5.50 or INR 475
- Coverage & Usage: It covers all the redness on my face well and neutralizes it totally. I just twist it up and apply as required and then use my fingers or a brush to blend.
- Texture: This is a bit too thick I felt. I’m not sure whether it’s just the piece I have but it’s just toooo thick! It takes almost forever to melt and get blended. And God forbid you have any lines on your face..then this will accentuate it terribly.
- Staying Power: It stays on until I wash my face.
My Verdict NYX Concealor Stick in Pastel Green :-
I like this concealor but don’t love it. It’s too thick and requires effort to blend which is ok when I have time to spare. But on weekdays while getting ready for work and everything’s a hurry, this is not at all ideal…It takes as much time to blend this as it would my foundation for the entire face! But then again, I have dry cheeks….Oily skinned beauties may actually love this a lot..
What I liked about NYX Concealor Stick in Pastel Green:
- Sturdy packaging.
- I like the fact that thisis in a stick form..It makes it very convenient.
- Perfect for those with oily skin
- It really does neutralize redness on my face
- Easy to carry around
- Easily available online
- Doesn’t crease or crack
What I don’t like about NYX Concealor Stick in Pastel Green :
- Not for dry skinned gals.
- Takes time and effort to blend.
Have you tried NYX Concealor Stick ?
You may also like to read these:
- NYX Lip Lacquer Pot in Coralicious :Review, Swatches
- LA Girl Crème Lipstick Secret Admirer Review & Swatches
- Ambika Pillai Toast Lipgloss Review &Swatches
- MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Mat4 Matte Antique Pink Lipstick Review & FOTD
- MAC Stay in Touch Cremesheen Lipstick :Swatch,Review & FOTD
- Makeup Suggestion For Karwa Chaut
- La Vie en Rose (Life through rose colored glass)The Rosy Flush(Makeup tutorial)
- Flower Inspired Makeup Look
- Seductive Eye Makeup With The Balm Shady lady palette
- The Balm Hot Mama Blush Review & Swatches