Sometime last year, I happened to get a Stila gift set..It contained sample sized Stila products and I was quite excited to try it out..I recall it contained a foundation, a TM, a blush and 2 other products..One of the few products that still remain is the Stila Convertible Lip & cheek Color in Peony. Who doesn’t love multi-purpose products especially if you’re on the go?? This is one of those products which makes travelling light a real possibility (which is quite rare for us gals) and luckily is truly one of those shades I can wear on my cheeks as well as on my lips
About Stila Convertible Cheek Color
Stila’s ingenious lipstick and blush-in-one proves to be irresistible. This versatile favorite brightens cheeks and lips with creamy, translucent color. Tap onto cheeks and press onto lips. The sheer tint adds an inherent glow to the cheeks while lips bloom with fresh, radiant color. Our two-in-one compact holds the key to easy, monochromatic makeup. A must-have in every stila girl’s kit. As seen in In Style’s Best Beauty Buys 2010!
- Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D’abeille, Microcrystalline Wax \Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcrystalline, Octyldodecanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, BHT. +/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 34 Lake (CI 15880), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).
- Directions: Tap onto cheeks and press onto lips.
- Price: $25 (for full size)
- Quantity: 4.25g
My take on the Stila Convertible Cheek Color in Peony:
I would describe this shade as a balance between brown and pink. It does have that neutral base but is accompanied by a dusty pink which saves it from being boring. This shade has infact been compared to MAC Satin Lipstick in Faux. It doesn’t have any shimmer and sets into a matte finish. So no danger of looking oily or having a case of shiny cheeks. You can use a brush to dip in apply but I prefer my fingers.
This shade truly does look just as beautiful as a blush as it doe son the lips but my only complaint would be the staying power. Whenever I use this, I find that I need to reapply it within 3hrs or so. Where for a lipstick I don’t mind reapplying after 2-3hrs, in case of lipsticks, I prefer longer staying formulas.
Another plus of this product is that it’s perfect for beginners. It applies sheerly and the shade allows you the freedom to layer on as per your convenience…unlike some colors which are so pigmented that one has to be overly cautious while applying. On the lips as well, this comes off as a lovely neutral pink which can be worn casually without a thought.
What I like about Stila Convertible Cheek Color in Peony:
- A good quality product.
- Shade is the perfect balance of brown and pink..not gaudy but won’t wash you out either.
- Sets to matte on the cheeks
- Handy to have while travelling
- The full sized compact comes with a mirror inside.
- Can be built up gradually and you need not be overly cautious with this shade.
- It an be used as an eyeshadow base as well
- Not shimmery..
- Just melts into the skin
- Easy to blend
What I don’t like about Stila Convertible Cheek Color in Peony:
- Staying power is sad for a blush…
Have you tried the Stila Convertible Cheek Color in Peony?
You may also like reading:
Stila Eyeshadow in Rain: Review & Swatches
Stila Illuminating Finishing Powder in Rose Gold:Review,Swatches
Stila Smudge Pot Gel Eyeliner in Ultraviolet: Review, Swatches
Stila Lip Glaze Sticks: Plum, Fruit Punch, Orange:Review & Swatches
Stila Eyeshadow in Eden: Review and Swatches