Lakme came out with lot of exciting products this year and they launched it in lot of style with Kareena Kapoor who was their brand ambassador. Kareena promoted Absolute collection in her popular movie “Heroine” too although the movie busted on the box office but her style of makeup was well appreciated. I too was mesmerised by her look and did Kareena inspired eye makeup.
When you hire such a big celebrity and launch product in huge scale, one needs to increase the price which of course broke our heart but price of their new collection was little justified this time. From the packaging, pigmentation and variety everything was good. Only thing which I was not happy was their shade collection in their lipsticks. I want more pink ,nude and coral from them. Hopefully we will have that in the upcoming year without increase in the prices
Loved the dark grey shade eyeliner .Looks absolutely stunning on Ritika’s eyes.
The shade of shine line-black isn’t the most true blackest black but something between very dark grey and black. However, this doesn’t reduce the beauty of the liner as it looks very beautiful on eyes.
Their eyeconic range was well appreciated.I liked the U shape wand .Mascara was a good change from their usual mascara which were pretty average in length and volume.
The mascara is liquid, and it does not cling to the wand much. Though I am suspecting that only time will tell if the mascara dries, but for now it does not, and that is what matters.
Quantity: 9 ml.
I think I don’t need to even mention how beautiful, jet black with good staying power this Lakme eye conic kajal was.If you happen to read beauty blogs then you would have already brought it.
The company suggests using the new Bi-Phased Kajal too. I was like… okay, so to remove the 199/- kajal I need to use a 210/- remover. Smooth, Lakme, very smooth.
Okay, sorry, digression.
Anyway, so here is the humble picture of the tip of the kajal. Its quite dark and it does go well on my waterline, not too much fuss.
I actually asked the SA to swatch this along with the aforementioned popular rival, and the results showed that this one was richer, with a darker hue of black.
A makeup remover which effortlessly removed water proof makeup too.
Price: INR 210/-
Quantity: 60 ml
Good quality product from a well know reputed Indian brand
Takes off long-wear and water-proof makeup effortlessly
Delicate on the skin
Does not cause irritation to sensitive areas around the eyes or lips
Suitable for contact lense wearers
Rehydrates the skin
Even Nafisa knows how many times I mentioned how lovely this heea gold shade was.
- Quantity: 1.2 gms
- Price: INR 275
- It is the color of henna powder or khaki green with a generous helping of finely milled gold shimmer. The shimmer is neither chunky nor gritty and gives a lovely, sparkly sheen. The gold tone is more prominent than the green, making this is an ideal bridal/ party wear shade. But I love wearing this shade even for regular shopping since it is not over-powering and goes well with almost all outfits.
Yes! these worked
- Price – Rs.1250 for 28 capsules x 0.33gm
- Dark spots – Well, Yes! I can tell you that it has helped in clearing/disappearing my dark spots to an extent with the continuous use. Earlier they were prominent now its kinda negligible.
- Acne spots/blemishes – OMG! Good news they do help in clearing blemishes, I can really give a BIG yes to this because acne scars are my most latest facial issue than the acne. ( yes a little update here, I am finally ACNE FREE ..Thank god )
- Uneven skin tone – It has a done a very good job in improving my overall facial skin tone and I can feel it with the immediate application. The skin looks clear and bright too.
- Oiliness – I am a combination skin type and this cream is more like a mattifier. On the application itself its soo smooth and soft and there are no traces of oiliness in this cream hence as soon as I apply this I feel my skin is soft and smooth and bright without any OIL on my face. So *HATS OFF* to that coz very few cream’s I know do that to me…
These were expensive so were not much bought in the market but when reviewed we did find the lipcolor interesting.
Price: INR 425
Quantity – 2.55 ml
Applying the colour is easy and although it’s got a fluid consistency, it could have been a little more fluid. I’d have liked that personally. It is non-sticky and I am so happy about that. I am always conscious about my lips when there is something on it and this feels nice and light. It’s opaque and will cover pigmented lips in one go. It’s kinda like lipstick in a way but with a glossy finish so it is like an all in one product. Feels like plump lipstick with transparent gloss over. It does not dry the lips and make them tight. It’s moisturising enough.
We reviewed the whole absolute collection for you.You can click on the particular link to know the price and reviews
The shade that I was recommended by the Lakme S.A is 03 Golden Medium. As soon as she swatched it on my arm, the first thing I asked her was if there was a darker shade since I’m so sick of everything looking white on me. I don’t mind looking a bit tanned but I hate looking like I’d just white-washed myself! It turns out, this is the only shade among the 3 that has yellow undertones. The other two have beige undertones. I really wish they had a better & wider shade selection since all these shades may leave a white cast on duskier skin tones.
- Lakme Absolute Lip Gloss Review – Candy Pink
- Lakme Fast & Fabulous One Stroke Nailcolor 17 Popping Pink Review
- Lakme Absolute Concealer Review
- Lakme Absolute Matte Lip Color 201 Pure Glam Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick Winter Lily Review and Swatches
- Lakme Absolute Baked Blush Day Sheer: Review, Swatches
- Lakme Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse Review & Swatches
- Lakme Absolute Moonlight Highlighter & Sun Kissed Bronzer Swatches
Read Wise She Round Ups of 2012 here
27 Best Of Colorbar Cosmetics This Year
- 10 Best Budget Lipsticks – Best of 2012
- Best Lakme Products 2012
- Best Maybelline Products 2012
Best Revlon Products 2012