I had some leftover mushrooms sitting in my fridge and wasn’t feeling like making some Indian khana, so I decided to make a healthy chicken dish with them.
Ingredients – Chicken & Mushroom
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 250g mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Red chilli powder to taste
Method & Preparation
1. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and red chilli powder according to your taste preferences.
2. Put the maida(all purpose flour) in a bowl and coat the chicken breasts in it lightly.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet at a medium high flame and cook the chicken breasts in it, for about 10-12 minutes total. Set them aside on a plate after done.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and sauté the onions and garlic in the same skillet.
5. Once the onions are translucent, add the butter and cook the mushrooms in it, for about 6-8 minutes, until soft.
6. Add in the wine and stir well.
7. After a minute, add the chicken back to the skillet and cook for 30-40 seconds on each side.
8. Remove from the heat and serve with some crusty garlic bread.
This dish came out beautifully – the chicken was tender and the mushrooms had a great flavour from the wine. I’m sure this will be a regular dinner in our house!
Have you tried any Chicken & Mushroom recipe?
You might like to checkout the video
You might like reading these also:-
- Simple & Quick Fresh Vegetable Salad – Lunch For One
- Fyrinnae Lip Lustre review
- Firebird Bath And Body Lip Balm Review
- Grey, Black And Cobalt – OOTD
- Metallic Bag & Scraf Haul From Wise She Shopaholic Abroad
- Creamy Tomato Spaghetti And Garlic Bread Recipe – Wise She Weekend Treat
- Haus Of Gloi Sugar Exfoliant Review