The first time I heard about mineral powders and mineral based makeup was a little over 2yrs back and I was very curious about them. Unfortunately, mineral makeup wasn’t available in India then (I don’t think its available easily now either) and I was able to pick this up on eBay as it came free with the Bare Ecsentuals ‘V’ shaped brush reviewed here. Right away let me tell you that using mineral makeup is a whole new ball game….
My take on the Bare Minerals All Over Face Color Duo in Warmth/Rose Radiance:
- Packaging: It comes in a small circular dibbi with a screw top lid. Being a duo, this is divided into 2 halves with a sifter opening to pop out the product. It does have another plastic lid on top which acts as a lock system and can be rotated freely to pop out either shade as required.
- Color: The blush shade is a barbie pink with a mild blue tone. The shade Warmth is a brown shade which has an orange base and looks quite similar to MAC Texture.
- Price: $8 – $14 approx
- Quantity: 2g
- Pigmentation & Texture:Both shades have a satin finish though Warmth has more of a Sheen then Rose Radiance. Both are silky smooth are easy to blend. I initially thought blending this would take some work since its powder based to begin with but this is really not the case.
- Staying Power: This blush stays for about 9hrs on me…It’s supposed to last longer I’ve read but I’ve tested it for 12hrs wear and it started fading after 6hrs or so and was pretty much gone by 9hrs..
I like the concept a lot..The pigmentation is fantastic and I can see this little dibbi lasting me a lifetime since I require such a tiny amount of it each time. I use warmth also to contour my face and it works perfectly..more so since there is no shimmer at all. Shimmery contour powders only suit those with a slimmer face and those like me with a round, chubby face need to stick with matte or satin finish so as to not accentuate the roundness..
Bare Minerals All Over Face Color Duo in Warmth/Rose Radiance Swatches:-
The only disadvantage I with this and with other mineral powders in my opinion is the extra work it involves of popping some quantity out, n then being caution while using it…For someone who has used pressed powders all her life, I find this requires more work. Let me clarify here that I don’t use loose powders either. I don’t like the mess they create so my review for this products is subjective to my habits.
So I generally tend to use this product when I have the luxury of time and don’t need to hurry up and get out the door.
My views about Bare Minerals All Over Face Color Duo in Warmth/Rose Radiance
- One would get 2 amazingly pigmented shades
- Both shades are very wearable especially since the pink has a milder blue undertone than most.
- Doesn’t get messy thanks to the sifter provision and the secondary lid which avoids spillage
- Texture wise these are really good and get blended perfectly..
- We get 2 shades in a single dibbi which is perfect…Can be used to travel light
Ratings: 5/5 ( I was tempted to deduct .5 for the fact that I find it time consuming at times but then realised this may apply only to me and not others… )
Have you tried Bare Minerals All Over Face Color Duo in Warmth/Rose Radiance?