I am so so overwhelmed with the facebook response of this eye makeup look that I decided to re do the look for you people! A look which has been shared some 40 times and I don’t even remember the likes. I have used three eyeshadows in it and the main eyeshadow which gives the effect on black eyeliner is MAC Unflappable which is a must for any smoky eye makeup addict. I have done a number of tutorial whith this eyeshadow before one of them can be read here.
Other two eyeshadows are from coastal scents which are
Coastal scent S16 (Amethyst)
Coastal scent Hot Pot S33 (Peach)
- Price – $1.99
- Dimensions: 1″ (2.5cm) [26mm] in diameter
- Net Weight: 1.3g / 0.04oz
Coastal Scent Amethyst Swatch , Texture, Pigmentation & Staying Power:-
It’s a lavender / pinkish purple shade which is not as bright as I expected it to be. There is a bit of chalkiness in it. Texture though is smooth but lacks a bit of pigmentation. I bought it thinking it’s a closer dupe of MAC Nocturnelle is a plum purple instead and is just not related. What a bummer in case of dupe
Staying power is quite average of 3-4 hours one definitely needs primer underneath it. Blending the eyeshadow is easy but needs layering.
Coastal Scent Peach Eyeshadow :-
Its a beautiful peachy shade with soft shimmer which has nice sheen to it. It’s quite a versatile shade which can be used on the lid, brow bone and can use it to blend out the crease colour. Pigmentation of the shade is pretty good and will suit most skin tones. One doesn’t need layering of this shade and staying power is 4-5 hours. There is hardly any fall out and it definitely is one of the must have eyeshadows from coastal scents. Also, its a very good dupe of MAC Texture eyeshadow.
I used Amethyst in my crease and Peach as brow bone highlighter here. Used Amethyst in the lower lashline as well.
Here is the step by step tutorial :-
- Step 1– Apply any eye primer.
- Step2 – Apply any black eyeliner on the upper lashline .
- Step 3 – I used Maybelline gel eyeliner black and with a flat brush blend it upwards to the crease.
- Step 4 – With the same brush apply MAC Unflappable eyeshadow above the gel eyeliner and CS hot pot Amethyst in the crease.
- Step5 – Apply CS peach shade from the crease to the brow bone.Applied Maybelline gel eyeliner on the lower lashline and smudged it a little .Applied CS Amethyst over it.
- Step 6 – Curled my lashes, applied lots of mascara and Sleek false eyeslashes.
Hope you liked the tutorial ..
Have a super awesome weekend every one !!!
Have you tried coastal scent Amethyst & Peach eyeshadow?
You might like reading these also:-