You must have seen my Bday haul posted here last month..I’ve been having the most awesomest time trying out all the goodies and sampling them…Some have turned out to be good buys while some not so much. Today I’ll be reviewing the Angle brush from Coastal Scents. I wanted a new brush for contouring since I’d gotten a bit bored with the Ambika Pillai brush I’ve been using for the last 2yrs or so..
About the Coastal Scents Angle Natural Brush
Accentuate bone structure with our Classic Angled Blush Brush. This large, natural haired brush is ideal for adding a healthy glow to your cheeks, by applying a sweep of powdered blush or bronzer.
My experience with the Coastal Scents Angle Natural Brush:
- Packaging:The brush comes in a plastic covering and no reusable brush guard like the Sigma brushes. I wish they had those guards but considering the price and the quality I don’t mind at all..
- Bristle Texture:The bristles are firm, but soft. Usually the firmer bristles tend to have a pokiness to them but this one is really soft.
- Bristle Quality (Bleeding & Shedding):I have washed this just twice till now(basically in excitement to try the Sigma Dry n Shape) and the bristles did not bleed nor did they shed…not even a bristle!!
- Washing & Drying: Washing this brush wasn’t really a pain since even though the bristles are firm, they aren’t as firm as the blush brush I have from CS. This brush took an entire day to dry and just about 5hrs in the Sigma tool.
I fine this very convenient. I usually prefer shorter handles for ease of movement but this one is pretty comfy too. The handle is about the same size and weight as the Ambika Pillai one so it isn’t a huge difference.
The bristles are what truly sets it apart from the AP one I’d been using before. They are closely packed and yet fluffy enough to diffuse the contour color. It’s easy to apply blush with this as well although I still prefer round brushes for that…This brush is something I would recommend to all girls learning makeup and contouring especially.
Coastal Scents Angle Natural Brush – THE GOOD:
- The price is like Wow!!
- It’s not just pocket friendly but good quality too.
- Easy to use.
- Perfect for contouring thanks to the precise shape o the bristles
- Easy to wash
- Doesn’t bleed or shed.
Coastal Scents Angle Natural Brush – The BAD:
- Needs to be ordered through the site only.
- Our customs milked the life out of me!
Have you tried Coastal Scents Angle Natural Brush ?
You may also enjoy reading:
- MAC 219 Pencil Brush Review – Must Have Mac Brushes
- Ecotools Retractable Kabuki Brush Review
- MAC 239 Eyeshader Brush – Must Have MAC Brushes
- Nail Art Brushes In India/Nail Art Brushes Review
- 3 Vega Makeup Brushes Review
- 5 The Body Shop Makeup Brushes
- Ecotools Bamboo 6 Piece Eye Brush Set Review
- Bare Escentuals Angled Brush Review
- Sigma Makeup Brushes In India