As all of you know that Colorbar is adding new products of high quality and better performance in their makeup line every now and then, be it lipstick or lip gloss or foundation they have got the formula right. I love trying new foundations from various brands, so I purchased this product immediately after checking its availability at an online shopping site. Colorbar has also come out with a face primer which somehow looks like Inglot face primer, I will get that may be next time.
After Lakme, now Colorbar has come up with mousse foundation, so what I felt about it? Do check my review below to know about the overall quality and performance of this foundation.
About Colorbar Ultimate Mousse Foundation:-
It’s smooth, it’s light, it’s ULTI-MATTE
Give your skin a velvety finish with Colorbar’s Ultimatte’ Mousse Foundation. It’s smooth, matte and lightweight formula will keep your skin shine free all the day. This magic pot is perfect for women to prep up on the go, and is perfect for all day wear, as well as an evening out. Blending foundation was never so easy, use your fingertips to create that super matte skin and you are ready to go.
Colorbar Ultimatte’ Mousse Foundation reduces the fine lines, conceals the pores virtually and makes your skin super soft. It’s enriched with Vitamin E for antioxidant and nourishing benefits. This product is oil free, fragrant free and dermatologically tested.
You can choose from the three shades available Frappuccino, Café Misto and Caramel Macchiato. You just need to hydrate your skin properly before application and pat lightly onto the places where you need to cover. You can also give a finishing blend with a foundation stippling brush.
Price: Rs 650 for 15 Grams, I got this for Rs 585.
My Experience with Colorbar Ultimate Mousse Foundation 02 Caffe Misto:-
I have tried mousse foundations in past from Lakme and Bourjois. Lakme one was more like a mousse and gave flawless finish with great wear time, but that can look OTT if used more and also you will look white in flash photography. Bourjois mineral matte foundation was a better choice with mineral enriched formula that made my skin brighter and fresh looking for hours and hours, just the shades are not for Indian skin tones and it will be difficult to find a match.(Miel Subtil 85 is a good match for medium skin tones with yellow undertones). I find Colorbar Mousse foundation to be almost similar to Bourjois, in terms the texture, effect, Blendability and finish. Those who have not tried Bourjois one can give this a try and those who have used Bourjois one will definitely love it, it less pricy than bourjois one.
Packaging: Colorbar Ultimate Mousse foundation comes in transparent jar with a silver steel screw on cap. A plastic separator has also been provided to prevent spillage of the product. The logo ‘Colorbar’ is engraved on the front side of the jar and shade name alongwith manufacturing details is mentioned at the bottom. Complete list of ingredients is mentioned in the outer carton. Ackaging is sturdy and mess free and travel friendly. The jar is lightweight unlike the new Revlon whipped crème foundation jars.
Shade: There are three shades available in this range:
Colorbar Frappuccino- Ideal for NC 30 to NC 35.
Colorbar Café Misto- Ideal for NC 37- NC 40
Colorbar Caramel Macchiato-Ideal for NC 40 –NC 44
Iknow its pretty difficult to buy foundations online without checking the swatches in personal when these come at high price. Earlier when I was residing at Kolkata, I always used to swatch products before purchasing. But now I have to rely upon reviews and swatches available online to make a purchase, many a times I have been lucky and many a times disappointed. This time however I got almost exact shade for my skin tone.’ café Misto’ is a medium shade with yellow tones, many of us will find our match with the available shades.
Texture, Blendability & Finish: Texture of this foundation is soft and creamy but thicker than a mousse. Though it comes in less quantity it will definitely last for longer time due to the amount required for each application. This foundation blends into my skin within seconds leaving semi matte finish. It hydrates my skin without make it look oily. Its water resistant and will be a great choice during summers. This product never gets cakey even when applied in more layers. It will be great choice for both oily and normal to dry skin tone people. This product will be great for use for beginners too.
Colorbar Ultimate Mousse Foundation 02 Caffe Misto Swatches:-
Coverage & Staying Power:
It gives light to medium coverage but can be layered up for more coverage without getting the mask effect. It conceals acne marks nicely even redness of the pimples effectively. However, It doesn’t completely conceal the freckle marks, just in a way blurs them out. Its a great match for my skin tone. One can hardly figure out that I am wearing a foundation. It instantly brightens up my face and diminishes the appearance of fine lines and pores too. It stays on my skin all day long even after travelling all day long. Though this foundation contains talc and dimethicone still it never broke me out. This is the only foundation I will be reaching out most for whole year round.
What I liked about Colorbar Ultimate Mousse Foundation?:-
- Shade ‘Caffe Misto’ suits my skin tone, it’s a medium shade with yellow undertones.
- Though there are only 3 shades, most girls can find their match with these.
- Consistency is very creamy but not like mousse.
- This product instantly blends into my skin to give matte finish.
- This product is pretty hydrating.
- It gives light to medium coverage without getting cakey.
- It brightens up my face, imparting a fresh look all day long.
- It never broke me out.
- I traveled all day long but didn’t see any kind of tanning or dullness in my skin.
- It covers acne marks and redness of pimples to a great extent.
- Its super- lightweight, never gives me that made up OTT kind look. It looks very natural on my skin tone.
- It stays for a long time even after prolonged sun exposure.
- Its water resistant, great for summers.
- It requires very less quantity for face and neck.
- Contains titanium dioxide which is a well known sunscreen.
- Complete list of ingredients is given.
- This product is oil free, fragrant free and dermatologically tested.
- It diminishes appearance of pores and fine lines to some extent.
- It contains Vitamin E which is beneficial for our skin
- It does not give white cast in flash photography.
What I did not like about Colorbar Ultimate Mousse Foundation?
- Its pretty costly for only 15 grams of the product.
- Contains talc and dimethicone.
- Only 3 shades are available, so those with very light or very deep skin tones may not find their match.
- I won’t suggest this product to very sensitive skin and also if you are allergic to silicon based foundation.
- It does not conceal my freckles completely.
- Those who love foundation with dewy finish may not like it.
- Not available easily, Colorbar has not updated regarding this product at their site.
- In the packaging its mentioned ‘content made in Italy’ and just below that one can read Mfg. by- Regi cosmetics India.
Rating: 4.25 out of 5
My Overall Recommendation: Colorbar Ultimate Mousse Foundation comes in three different shades suitable for Indian skin tones. Most of the people will find their match with these. Its a mousse foundation that imparts light to medium coverage with long lasting staying power. It does not give white cast and looks very natural on my skin tone. Its packaging is sturdy and convenient enough for travel purpose. Its a silicon based foundation so keeps my skin smooth with diminished fine lines and pores. I would highly recommend this product to everyone except people sensitive to talc and silicone. If you do not mind the price tag then get this for yourself, Its a great product for everyday wear.
If you like mousse foundation then you might like reading about
Have you tried Colorbar Ultimate Mousse Foundation 02 Caffe Misto?