As you all know by now, I’m a big fan of shopping for makeup online and today I’m going to introduce you to yet another one of my favourite makeup shops online – Darling Girl Cosmetics. They make a lot of great products but being a lippie fanatic, my favourite product of theirs is a lip gloss called ‘Holo Gloss’.
What is a holo gloss?
According to the shop owner Susan, ‘Holo-glosses are perfect for ladies who don’t like a lot of color, but still want something a little special to wear. While these are sheer shades, they have a fantastic sheen/finish.’ So, they are basically sheer glosses that have a hint of colour and lots of sparkle. I love wearing them on days when I have gone heavy on my eye makeup – I can still wear some colour on my lips without resorting to the same old nude lipsticks!
I bought these when Darling Girl Cosmetics was selling mini sizes, but now these glosses cosr $5.25 for a 3ml click pen.
Darling Girl Cosmetics Holo Glosses ingredients:
Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Bee’s Wax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer. Also contain: Red #33, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide and Silica.
Below are the swatches and descriptions of the shades that I own:
Left to Right – Fenix, Queen of Hearts, Jar of Hearts
- Fenix is described on the Darling Girl website as a ‘gorgeous mauve berry with a green shift’. To my eye, it is a brownish shade that has a very unusual green shimmer. On my lips, it doesn’t look too green, but it definitely looks interesting!
- Queen of Hearts is described on the Darling Girl website as ‘a fun sheer red gloss with pink and gold shimmers and silver “3D” pearl. Basically, it is a super shimmery sheer red that I love pairing with some shimmery eye liner!
- Jar of Hearts is my favourite of the three. On the Darling Girl website, it is described as ‘a sheer purple loaded with purple holo shimmer. I was a little scared about wearing purple lippies before trying this, but this gloss leaves behind just a hint of purple that is very flattering yet a little different.
While these are all shimmery, none of them settle in the fine lines on my lips. They’re also pretty long lasting – I usually reapply just once during the day. Plus, they can also be layered over other lippies! I love layering Queen of Hearts over my red lipsticks for some oomph and Jar of Hearts over pink lip colours. Fenix is a little more pigmented than the other two, so I don’t layer that over other colours, but I love pairing it with warm toned makeup or brown based outfits. Overall, I love these holo glosses!
I can’t find any negatives for them, except maybe that, as always, online shopping is risky and you can’t be sure whether the colour will suit you.
I highly recommend these to those of you looking for lip glosses that you can wear daily, without looking too made up or for those who want some sheer colours to pair with heavy eye makeup. Do let me know if you decide to try the Darling Girl Cosmetics holo glosses!
Have you tried Darling Girl Cosmetics Holo Glosses ?
You might like reading these also:–
- Colorbar Star Shine Lipgloss in Mad Cap Review & Swatches
- How To Make Lipgloss At Home With Step By Step Pictures
- Inglot Sleeks VLC Lipgloss 71:Review & Swatches
- Max Factor Max Effect Lip Gloss Cloudy Red 06 Review & Swatches
- 11 Kryolan High Gloss Lip Shine Swatches & Powder Blush Palette
- MAC Lipgelee in Saplicious: Review & Swatches