Today I am going to review the Mac Face and Body Foundation which I got during last year Christmas. This is a limited edition product in India, so do read the review and get it soon if you think this foundation delivers and caters to your skin needs.
About MAC Face & Body Foundation
A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colors and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body
- Price: Rs 1700 for 50 ml.
My Experience with MAC Face & Body Foundation C 5:-
On my first visit to Mac store, I got to check several stuff on my own. I had gone to get a Mac foundation from their studio fix range but ended up buying the limited edition Face and body foundation. My skin tone in Mac is NC37.I have normal to combination skin all year round except during winters when my skin gets dry. My skin is not prone to acne but I have few freckles on my cheeks. Anyways, I checked the foundation from both Mac studio fix range and Face and body foundation range on my jawline. I liked the effect of both the foundation on me but the latter one wooed me completely.
Packaging: Mac face and Body Foundation comes in small compact see through transparent plastic bottle with the shade name mentioned at the bottom. It has got a black screw on cap and the bottle has a nozzle kind design for dispensing the foundation. You can see complete list of ingredients mentioned in the outer carton. I really loved the packaging, its cute, compact and absolutely travel friendly. You can slip this bottle in your vanity bag, it won’t take much space. The bottle is made up of soft plastic so it won’t break easily and its pretty easy to squeeze it to take out the product.
Shade: Mac Face and Body Foundation comes in 13 shades respectively. They are:
C1, C3, C4, C5, C6, C9 and White, N1, N2, N3, N5, N9, N12.
I got it in shade C5 which is perfect for NC 37 to NC 40 skin tone. It looks very natural on me, shade C5 is almost similar to my original skin tone.
Texture & Finish: This foundation has got a unique texture somewhat like milk I would say. Its super-lightweight and blends into my skin within seconds without much effort. It kind of melts onto my skin upon touch. Its hydrating and gives a gorgeous dewy finish to my skin. I prefer dewy kind of glow during winters when my skin gets drier. It makes my skin look healthy with lasting glow. This is a water-based foundation and due to its light weight texture it lets my skin breath and look very natural just like my second skin. However, when I used a compact over the foundation I got a semi matte finish on my skin. People with dry skin can use this foundation and skip using a compact but I would suggest people with oily to combination skin to use a pressed powder after applying it to prevent getting shiny look.
Coverage and Blendability:
Mac Face and Body Foundation gives sheer coverage with a single layer on. The best part of this foundation is that it is very much buildable and you can achieve nearly complete coverage with 2-3 layers without getting cakey application or white cast. However, after applying the first layer do not apply the second layer hurriedly, let the first layer settle on your skin nicely. If you apply lots of foundation in one go to achieve full coverage then it will really feel sticky on your face. So do apply small amount at a time. This foundation does not conceal redness or blemishes completely, with 2-3 layers I have noticed that this product blurs my blemishes to some extent. This foundation does not oxidize on my skin and photographs really well as it is devoid of SPF Factor. If you have acne prone skin and you use a foundation only to conceal your blemishes and achieve full coverage, then you might get disappointed. Due to presence of dimethicone which is a silicone based polymer, my skin feels soft, smooth with diminished pores and refined fine lines.
This foundation blends within seconds and can be layered up to nearly full coverage without cakiness or white cast. Even after applying many layers, my skin feels comfortable. Layering of products kind of suffocates me but I have never experienced that while using it.
Application: I blend this product with my fingers. Due its texture, the foundation brush will soak it up leading to product wastage. It does not get cakey and sinks into my skin within seconds. I would never suggest people to use it with a makeup sponge as that will soak almost 90% of the product, just blend it with your fingers.
Staying Power: In India we rarely get foundations which are water resistant and do not give white cast. This foundation however has all the good qualities that I have always wanted from my HG foundation. Due its water-resistant quality, I found this foundation stayed on my skin for the whole day. My skin looked bit shiny after 4-5 hours which I could manage with a pressed powder. It keeps my skin look fresh and healthy for the whole day. It actually gives a younger looking skin which we all desire. I would definitely use this product during summers when I do not like to use much makeup. If you have oily skin, you can still use it; just never forget to top it with your favorite compact.
What I like about Mac Face and Body Foundation C5:-
- This range of foundation comes in 13 shades, so you can easily find your shade.
- Its texture is lightweight and feels very comfortable to wear.
- It never gets streaky or looks cakey on application.
- It also comes in a 120 ml bottle packaging.
- It comes in 50 ml quantity and costs Rs 1700 which is lesser than other foundation that comes with 30 ml net weight.
- It gives a healthy looking dewy glow.
- It gives sheer coverage but is build able up to near complete coverage with more layers.
- It blurs the redness of acne and post acne marks.
- It makes my skin soft, smooth with diminished pores and refined fine lines.
- Its water-resistant, so a good option to wear during summers.
- Its staying power is very high; it keeps my skin fresh for whole day long.
- Its packaging is compact and breakage proof, very travel friendly.
- Due to absence of SPF Factor, it never gives ghost like white cast with flash photography.
- It contains extracts of orange and Fusanus Spicatus oil.
What I don’t like about Mac Face and Body Foundation C5:-
- It’s a limited edition product in India.
- It blurs your acnes and blemishes, does not conceal the flaws completely.
- Its devoid of SPF, so you cannot skip using your sunscreen.
- Whenever I apply bit more foundation, it feels quite sticky.
- Though the name is Face and Body foundation I really cannot afford it to use on my whole body.
- Contains dimethicone which is a silicone based polymer.
- It may look shiny on people with oily skin tone after 4-5 hours.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
My Overall Recommendation:
Mac Face and body foundation range comes in 13 shades with superlight texture and dewy finish. It gives sheer coverage with a single layer but is buildable up to complete coverage with 2-3 layers. I would highly recommend this product to people with combination, normal and dry skin type desiring healthy dewy glow from their foundation. Its wear time is pretty high and due to its water resistant properties does not melt during summers. If you think all this points cater to your skin needs then surely get this soon before it gets away from the shelves.
Have you tried MAC Face & Body Foundation?
You might like reading these also:-
- MAC Cremesheen Lipglass Double Dare Review & Swatches
- MAC Beauty Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Forest Essentials Ladies Essential Kit Review
- Colorbar Ultimate Eyeliner in Italian Green Review & Swatches
- My Accessorize Haul !
- Cheap & Best Eyeliner Brands
- Easy Graphic Eyeliner Tutorial
- Incolor by Jordana Liquid Lipshine 02 Watermelon Punch Review And Swatches
- Bare Minerals All Over Face Color Duo in Warmth/Rose Radiance Review & Swatches
- Where do I start? -Weight Loss Guidelines For PCOS Women