It seems to have become impossible for me to pass by MAC and not buy anything. I had resisted buying MAC face and body foundation but after reading Taps’ review i was sold … so off i went and bought the foundation and along with it came this pretty eyeshadow.Ana has already reviewed A Natural Flirt eyeshadow from this range and today ,I will review the best selling colour from the Glamourdaze collection.
Price :1420 Inr
The colour: True to its name ,Evening grey is a shimmery silver-grey eyeshadow which is perfect for a party or a night out or even for weddings.This color ,unlike other greys or silvers does not look ashy on Indian skin tones .I did detect a bit of a brown undertone which makes it great even for warmer skin tones.
Packaging: The packaging is a little different from the regular MAC eyeshadow pans .The eyeshadow is textured with a wave on one side and MAC engraved all over.You cannot see the engraving clearly as after a few uses the engraving gets a little blurred .The eyeshadow is housed in a glossy black eyeshadow pan as opposed to the regular matte pans .
Texture: The texture of all shadows in this range are similar to the MAC IN Extra Dimension collection,i.e..they feel more like a gel cum powder rather than just a powdery feeling.Because of this texture,the eyeshadow applies and blends like a dream with virtually no fall out and stays put all night.
MAC Glamourdaze Eyeshadow in Evening Grey Swatches:-
Staying power: This formula is known for its staying power.I did a smokey eye with just kohl as a base and the eyeshadow stayed put all night.It comes off easily with a makeup remover though.
Pigmentation: I found the pigmentation of this particular colour a tad bit less as compared to the other colours in the range.However when applied with a damp brush,you can see the colour in its full shimmery glory.Even when applied dry it gives a beautiful sheer silvery look which would be perfect for day weddings ,if your outfit has silver work.
Summing it up:
What I like about MAC Glamourdaze Eyeshadow in Evening Grey:-
- lovely silver colour which will not look ashy on warm skintones
- Great packaging
- Different texture as opposed to regular powder eyeshadows
- Fab staying power
- Can be used dry or wet to create different looks
What I don’t like about MAC Glamourdaze Eyeshadow in Evening Grey:-
- Expensive even for MAC
- Pigmentation could have been better
- The engraving disappears after a few uses
- Its a limited edition product
My rating: 4/5
Have you tried MAC Glwmourdaze Eyeshadow In Evening Grey ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Sigma Tapered Blending E40 Brush Review
- My Top 5 winter Must Haves
- Mac Matte Powder Blush in ‘Coppertone’ Review & Swatches
- Marks & Spencer Fig & Orange Oil Hand Cream Review
- Nivea Visage Aqua Sensation Anti Shadow Eye Care Review
- Vellvette Box January 2013
- Introducing Estee Lauder Perfectionist Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
- Empties – Jan 2013
- Lead Free Lipsticks India – Suggestions
- Silk Naturals Kiss Cleanser Review -Cleanser For Sensitive Skin