Today I am very excited to share my first review on my first Mac lipstick which I got during Christmas along with several other mac stuff. I checked almost Mac lipsticks and got myself one in shade ‘Charismatic’. Do check out my review to know more.
What Mac Says?
Mac Lustre Lipstick Charismatic: Terracotta with gold
- Price: Rs 990 for 3 Grams
- Complete Ingredients List: Castor Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Candelilla Wax, Octyldodecanol, Jojoba Oil, Cera Alba, Sesame Oil, Ozokerite, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, TocopherolLipsticks may contain:Mica, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 30 Lake
My Experience with MAC Lustre Lipstick Charismatic A22:-
Recently I visited GVK Mall at Hyderabad and splurged a lot on Mac and L’Oreal Paris cosmetics. I cannot express my ecstasy of seeing a Mac store and all its collection for the first time in my life. I checked almost everything guys. The MUA was so patient; he showed all the shades of eye shadows and lipsticks. I got myself lots many goodies including Mac Face and Body foundation. If you have dry skin and desire dewy finish from your foundation then surely check out the face and body foundation. I also got a paint pot and a fluid line and two powder blushes along with the famous Mac 217 blending brush. Check out my haul pic below:
Mac lipsticks come in their regular black bullet kind packaging with mac logo engraved on it. I kind of liked the no fussy black packaging, its classy, elegant and lightweight. The shade name along with its finish is mentioned at bottom of the lipstick. The bullet packaging is very sturdy, I have dropped it twice by mistake and thanks to god the lipstick was not damaged even by 1%.I really loved to see the complete ingredient list mentioned in the outer carton.
Shade: ‘Charismatic’ according to Mac Cosmetics is a Terracotta shade with gold. The shade in real is very close to the shade shown in the shade chart at Mac website. I would describe the shade as an apricot brown shade with peachy undertones. It will be an mlbb shade for many girls out here. It’s a perfect shade for office wear. I would suggest this shade to all skin types.
Texture & Finish: These lipsticks have luster finish with creamy texture. Do not confuse luster finish with metallic finish like I did earlier. Luster finish lipsticks have a soft golden sheen to them with a creamy glossy finish. The golden sheen is owing to the presence of very fine gold shimmers in the lipstick. These shimmers are easy to remove and are not ott or gritty types. Luster finish lipsticks are super lightweight on lips with immense hydrating effect. You can skip a lip balm underneath the lipstick. This lipstick does not accentuate my fine lines but if you have chapped lips it can easily pronounce that.
Coverage & Staying Power: Mac Lustre lipsticks impart sheer to buildable coverage to my lips. I really love it because I can wear it as a sheer lipstick as well as with full coverage whenever I want. Though I have pigmented lips I do not like to wear my lipstick with full layer on my lips with complete coverage on day today basis. These lipsticks owing to their creamy texture might bleed on lips. These lipsticks may melt during summers too. The staying power of this lipstick is around 2-3 hours maximum. The lipstick fades evenly and keeps my lips moisturized even after the fading of the shade.
What I loved about MAC & MAC Lipstick Charismatic :-
- Mac lipsticks contain sesame and jojoba oil which keeps your lips luscious and healthy.
- Mac luster lipstick Charismatic is beautiful apricot brown shade with peachy tones.
- It’s an mlbb shade for me, will suit almost all skin tones.
- It contains very subtle gold shimmer which imparts a soft golden sheen to lips.
- Shimmers present are not gritty and can be removed easily with a cleanser.
- These are sheer lipsticks but buildable up to nearly complete coverage.
- This range of lipstick has creamy texture and keeps my lips hydrated for long time.
- It never accentuates the fine lines on lips.
Cons of MAC Lustre Lipstick Charismatic
- Its 990 bucks for 3 grams of lipstick, so I find these lipsticks to be very pricy.
- Some may find the packaging to be quit boring.
- Staying power of Luster lipsticks is only 2-3 hours.
- May melt during summers.
Rating: 4.25 / 5
My Overall Recommendation:
Mac Luster Lipstick in ‘Charismatic’ is a beautiful apricot brown shade with peachy undertones. It comes with creamy texture and luster finish. They are sheer but can be built up to nearly complete coverage. This shade will suit maximum people; it can be a MLBB shade for many. This range of lipstick from Mac keeps you lips hydrated for a long time. Though staying power is less, still I won’t mind repurchasing it due to its shade and finish.
Have you tried MAC Lustre Lipstick Charismatic ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Bare Minerals All Over Face Color Duo in Warmth/Rose Radiance Review & Swatches
- Where do I start? -Weight Loss Guidelines For PCOS Women
- 5 Quirky Things Selling Sites In India
- Work From Home Outfit ! – OOTD
- Max Factor Lipfinity Colour & Gloss 630 Pleasure Peach Review & Swatches
- How To Shop For Makeup Foundation Online
- Banjara’s Neem Face Wash Review
- How To Organise Travel Makeup & Beauty
- 9 MUA Cosemtics Lip Product Swatches
- Bourjois Lip Stain Pen in Praline: Swatches & Review
- MAC Dupe – Coastal Scent Hot Pot Oatmeal Tan & Periwinkle