So, finally I am here with a review of newly launched Maybelline 14hr stay lipstick.
About Maybelline Superstay 14hr Lipstick Keep Me Coral:-
Meet the 14HR lipstick that won’t weigh you down. Super rich colour with super staying power .No dragging. No drying. No let downs at all.
PRICE: Rs.525 for 3.3 g, I got for rs.447 since there is a discount going on at Maybelline.
PACKAGING: Well, I do not like the flimsy plastic packaging. With the price tag, I really wanted a nice sleek packaging. They have a white cap and the lower body resembles the shade. The shade name is provided at the bottom of the lipstick. The white cap that comes along is a bid put off for me. The lipstick bullet and tip really resembles the shape of L’oreal infallible lipsticks.
SHADE: The shade comes out to be a beautiful brick coral with golden shimmer in it. When I swatched the shade at store, I really did not want to buy it as I already have so many corals with me but when I applied it, it looked really ravishing and instantly brightened up my face.
Maybelline Superstay 14hr Lipstick Keep Me Coral Swatches:-
TEXTURE, FINISH & STAYING POWER: The lipcolor is highly pigmented and all the other shades in the range are. One swipe imparts good amount of coverage to lips.
The texture is semi-matte but once set it becomes a bit more than matte (little drying) but you don’t feel uncomfortable with that. The shimmer present is not gritty but they do stay on lips even after the lipstick wears off. The lipstick has a tendency to settle in the lip lines after few hours of wear. Also, it accentuates dry, flaky skin so exfoliation is very necessary.
Applying a lip balm underneath will definitely help.14hour claim is a bit too high .It stays for about 3-3 ½ hours with heavy meals included (golgappas,noodles-manchrian,tikki...
On application, it is a bit creamy and takes 2-3 minutes to set after which you can eat, drink, chat!!
I would like to mention that it becomes little patchy when it begins to wear off, gets bit sticky too. Girls with dry lips will definitely hate this formula.
FRAGRANCE: It has a strong fruity fragrance that remains for about 5-10 minutes.
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT MAYBELLINE SUPERSTAY 14HR LIPSTICK-055 KEEP ME CORAL:-
- Decent staying power.
- Highly pigmented shade.
- Will suit Indian skin tones very well.
- Travel friendly packaging.
- Has a smooth texture .
WHAT I DON’T LIKE ABOUT MAYBELLINE SUPERSTAY 14HR LIPSTICK-055 KEEP ME CORAL:-
- Becomes patchy when it begins to wear off.
- The shimmer present settles in the lip lines.
- Very strong fragrance though it subsides after 5-10 minutes.
- The packaging could be improved.
RECOMMENDATION: I like the shade and the finish but the formula isn’t too great.
Have you tried Maybelline Superstay 14hr Lipstick Keep Me Coral?
You might like reading these also:-
- Coastal Scent Hot Pot Dark Chocolate MAC Satin Taupe Dupe
- Cetaphil Restoraderm Skin Restoring Body Lotion Revoew & Swatch
- Revlo Colorstay Whipped CremeMakeup Foundation Review(Shade 80 natural-ochre)
- Wet n Wild 909D Megalist Lip Color Coraline Review & Swatches
- Five Minutes Quick & Easy Side Bun Tutorial
- Deborah Milano 24 Ore Long Lasting Lip Pencil # 215 Review & Swatches
- How To Get Dewy Skin With Foundation
- Clean And Clear Fairness Cream Review India
- Mac Lustre Lipstick Charismatic Review & Swatches