It is freezing cold in Lyon right now – temperatures below O°C and lots of snow, rain and wind. I’ve been stepping out of my house so bundled up that you can barely make out that it’s me! But I have been warm no matter what thanks to some basic winter essentials. I’m sure a lot of you are struggling with the cold as well so I decided to share these must haves with you.
Here’s the list of my top 5 winter essentials:
1. Scarves - When it is cold outside, I love to wear big, fluffy scarves that are warm and cosy, especially circle scarves. Wool makes me itch, so I go for warm synthetic blends. But if you can wear wool, then get the warmest wool you can find! My advice would be to avoid dark colours like greys and go for some fun, bright colours or even a pattern to liven up the dull, cold winter days!
my favourite winter scarf
2. A hat - I read somewhere that a lot of your body heat leaves through the top of your head. So if you want to be warm, you should make sure your head is covered, right? Plus, my ears are always freezing, so I never leave the house without something to keep them safe from the wind i.e., a warm hat. I suggest getting a hat that is fleece lined on the inside like mine – these are unbelievably warm and so soft!
my fleece lined hat
3. A pair of gloves - Don’t go for wool gloves unless you live in area where the winters are mild. I find that they don’t keep my hands warm enough. Rather, try leather gloves – they are stylish and they offer complete protection from rain and wind. I have a pair of silk lined ones and I highly recommend them if you can find them – silk traps heat inside the gloves and will keep your hands warm and toasty.
my silk lined leather gloves
4. A pair of boots - When it is rainy and snowy, you can’t get by with your everyday shoes - you need a pair of boots that are very warm and have a good grip so that you don’t slip and slide. I love my pair of fleece lined boots – they never let me feet get cold and they have never let me slip, even on the days when there is heavy snow and lots of ice on the ground. These aren’t leather which I like because then they won’t get ruined by the water and snow. If yours are leather though, make sure you waterproof them (with a waterproofing spray) before using them in wet/snowy weather.
my trusty fleece lined boots
5. A coat - I mentioned this in an earlier post, but it definitely needs repeating – buy a good quality, warm winter coat. No matter what kind of sweater you wear, you will never be warm enough unless your coat is amazing. Buy a wool coat if you live in a place where winters are mild, otherwise you should definitely opt for a down filled puffer coat. Or if you’re like me and you want an option for both dry days and snowy/rain days, buy one of each!
my ‘as warm as a sleeping bag’ puffer coat
These five items are indispensable to my winter wardrobe and I doubt that I would ever step out of the house in winter if I didn’t have them! I hope this list is helpful to those of you who are struggling against the biting cold and/or the pouring rain and snow.
What are your top 5 winters must have ?
You might like reading these also:-
- How To Get Dewy Skin With Foundation
- Clean And Clear Fairness Cream Review India
- Mac Lustre Lipstick Charismatic Review & Swatches
- Sigma Lip Brush L05 Review
- Tips And Tricks Shopping During The Sale Season
- Elle 18 Glossy Lipz Lip Balm in Cherry Review & Swatches
- How To Prevent Foundation From Looking White Or Unnatural
- Must Have Kryolan Products
- MAC Natural Flirt Eyeshadow Review & Swatches