When I saw this brush on Sigma website I was pretty excited to buy it thinking that this is a good dupe of MAC 224. MAC 224 is a must have brush in MAC but sigma one has few shortcoming as well which again makes it stand behind MAC .Read more to know whether you can still accept the brush with few of its shortcoming .
- Price – $12
About Sigma Tapered Blending E40:-
Unique Feature: Soft and fluffy rounded tipFunction: Soft, blended creaseRecommended Use: Using just the tip to apply color, sweep back and forth through the crease for a diffused and blended finish.Bristle Type: Natural
Good thing about the brush is that it does its job of blending efficiently.It fits into my crease nicely and it will work well for applying concealer and blending it out too. Infact it blends the concealor flawlessly more than few concealor brushes which I own.One can even use it to apply highlighter on to their cheek bones.So I realised that one can alternate this brush for different uses.
Size of the handle is pretty long than usual brushes but I kind of like that.I am not fond of those small handle brushes which makes my hands touch my face 10 times.
It’s a dome shape brush but not very dense as it looks like and after washing it twice it did shed few of the bristles and I didn’t find it as smooth while blending it into my crease.Also, after giving it wash it loosens out on its shape and one needs to re shape it again.Hopefully it won’t shed more .
Second drawback of this brush is the size .This brush is way too large for small eyes.
What I like about Sigma Tapered Blending E40 Brush:-
- It’s a versatile brush .Can be used for spot concealing, applying highlighter and in crease(only those who have big eyes)
- As we don’t have many options for brush like these in India this turns out to be a cheaper option in $12.
- Blends beautifully.Be it concelaor or eyeshadow it does it job of blending with perfection.
What I don’t like about Sigma Tapered Blending E40 :-
- It sheds and sheds
- Not that smooth on eyes and stings a bit while blending
- Won’t fit into crease especially of those who have small eyes.
- Shipping charges..grrrr!
- It’s not as dense as it looks like.Looks can be deceptive you see
Will I recommend it to others – Honestly Yes! We don’t have high quality brushes in India , reason makes Sigma always a better option.I can not deny the fact that it blends nicely and is quite versatile as well.I now have kept this brush for applying concealor and highlighter and for my crease I am back with MAC 226.
Wise She Rating - 2.5/5
More Sigma brushes reviews here:-
- Sigma Precision Tapered P86 Brush Review
- Sigma Lip Brush L05 Review
- Sigma Angled Top Kabuki F84 Brush Review
- Sigma E70 Review
- Sigma Small Eyeliner Brush E10 Review
- Sigma Mrs. Bunny Travel Brush Kit Review