I have very sensitive skin that gets dry, itchy and stretched out in the winter. So I need a very mild body wash that cleanses without stripping my skin of any of its moisture. The search for such a cleanser led me to buy the Earth Lovers shower gel from the Body Shop.
I paid €6.50 for a 250 ml bottle. I bought the Watermelon and Eucalpytus scent but there are several others available – Lemon and Thyme, Pear and Lemongrass, Cucumber and Mint, Fig and Rosemary. And for those who want it, there’s an unfragranced option available too. According to the Body Shop website, this shower gel is “sulphate, paraben and colourant free” as well as being soap free.
The Body Shop Earth Lovers Shower Gel Ingredients:-
Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (Surfactant – Cleansing Agent), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Glycerin (Humectant), Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate (Chelating Agent), Salicylic Acid (Preservative/Hair Conditioner), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Citrullus Lanatus Fruit Extract (Natural Additive).
I have used this shower gel for over three weeks now and my opinion of it is very positive.
Here’s why I love The Body Shop Earth Lovers Shower Gel:-
2. It doesn’t make my skin feel tight or dry after a shower
3. It hasn’t irritated my skin in any way – no rashes, itching or redness
4. It is cost effective – very little is needed for my entire body (about the size of a large coin) so I’m sure this is going to last a long time
5. It is free of a lot of potentially harmful ingredients – it is free of soap, sulphates, parabens, colourants…what more can one want?
6. There is an unscented option available for those with sensitive noses/extra sensitive skin.
I couldn’t come up with even one negative point for this shower gel even if I tried. I will definitely repurchase this once it runs out, although I may try a different scent next time!
Have you tried this Body Shop Earth Lovers shower gel? Does it sound like something you want to try? Do let me know in the comments!
You might like reading these also:-
- Best Hair Serum Suggestions
- Dove Hair Elixir Rose And Almond Hair Fall Control Oil Review
- NYX Matte Lipstick Merlot Review & Swatches
- Cabotine De Gres Perfume Review
- Lush Each Peach Massage Bar Review
- Young Discover Youthpia Lipstick 330 Pink Crush Review & Swatch
- Carmex Lip Balm Review
- MAC Plushglass Posh It Up Review And Swatches