This product went straight into my wishlist as soon as I spotted its release on a few foreign blogs. I decided to wait it out (in impatient excitement ) since I was sure it was going to take ages before this was released in India. To my pleasant surprise, it hit stores here in no time and I grabbed one as soon as I could
About Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser:-
- Minimizes the appearance of pores
- Mattifies for a shine-free finish
- Leaves skin feeling fresh and pure
- Ideal base for make-up
- Quantity: 30 ml / 1.0 US Fl oz
- Price: INR 1245
- Shelf life: 3 years from mfg date
Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser Ingredients:-
Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Silica (Absorbent), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Isododecane (Solvent), Talc (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Pentylene Glycol (Solvent), Sodium Polyacrylate (Film Former/Viscosity Increasing Agent), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Glyceryl Stearate Citrate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil/Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Epilobium Fleischeri Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).
The product comes packaged in a slim, flat, tube with a screw-on cap. The best part of the cap is that it takes only one twist to open/close. There is no question of leakage and it fits easily into the smallest of purses (unless, of course, it’s a coin purse ). Inside is a precision nozzle with a small opening. This makes it super easy to control the flow of product so that you don’t end up with either too much or too little. I LOVE the packaging and can’t rave about it enough since it is so travel-friendly, hygienic and functional . Looks good too (now how can I leave that out?)
It has a heady tea tree scent that I find very uplifting and refreshing. If you’re not familiar with tea tree fragrance, it smells balmy and something like a combination of Jeera and menthol. Although I personally love it, some may find the scent a bit medicinal since it does linger for some time.
Color & Consistency:
It is pale yellow in color and has a light consistency that resembles that of a gel but is slightly thicker.
My experience with The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser:-
The instructions on the tube read: “Smooth over face after moisturizer”. It does make sense to do that since this will be difficult to blend without a moisturizer underneath and you’ll end up using more product than necessary. Plus, using this alone will sap away existing moisture and make skin produce more oil. The first couple of times I’d used this, I was quite disappointed with the results and felt like it did absolutely nothing to my skin. I spread the product on my gaping-wide pores and kept squinting at the mirror in the hope that they would shrink into nothingness. Well, nothing of the sort happened. The gel felt tingly cool when applied and it did blot some shine but nothing dramatic ensued. After a while, my skin started oozing sebum just as ever (Okay, that actually sounds kinda gross )
Then I remembered reading on some foreign blog that TBS had conducted a workshop where they mentioned that this can be mixed with a BB cream. I can’t thank God enough for having made me read that post since I now love this stuff to bits! I take a pea-sized amount of Maybelline Clearglow BB cream in my palm and squeeze a tiny blob of TBS Pore Minimiser over it. I mix the two well, apply in dots and blend.
Mixing these two products in beneficial in many ways. For starters, the Pore Minimiser gives amazing blendability to the BB cream. Since Maybelline BB cream sets fast, it needs to be blended very quickly. But mixing the two gives me ample time to work with the product . And because of this, you need very little of both products for the entire face and neck so this turns out economical since you can get both tubes to last you longer than normal. Also, it sets to a semi-matte finish without accentuating dry patches thanks to the hydrating factor of the BB cream.
Before, you think this is a review for the BB cream, let me go ahead and say that the Pore minimiser really does minimize pores when mixed with…yes, you guessed it: BB cream! It does not affect the coverage in any way and I love the cool sensation it imparts. It keeps my skin looking fresh and oil-free for about 3 hours which is great considering there’s hardly a product out there that does that to my uber oily skin. If your skin is mildly oily or combination type, you’re sure to find it to have better oil-control than what I experienced. If you have dry skin, all you need to do is use a moisturizing cream first and then apply a little of this only to areas where you feel you require some mattifying.
As for its efficacy as a primer, it does prolong the wear of foundation but only by an hour or so. It provides a smooth base and like most primers this does contain silicones. I was concerned about this since I have insanely acne prone skin but it thankfully did not give me any breakouts even when I slept with this on .
If you’re looking for a pore-filler or something to even-out scars, this may not be the product for you. It does not cement pores like other primers (take L’oreal Base Magique for instance) and does not mattify exceptionally well either when used for touch-ups. But I noticed that it minimizes pores after a period of continued usage and works even better when used in conjunction with other products from the Tea Tree range (In case you’re wondering: No, I’m not paid to say this ).
What I like about TBS Tea Tree Pore Minimiser:-
- Attractive, travel-friendly and user-friendly packaging
- Precision nozzle dispenses the right amount of product
- Refreshing tea tree fragrance
- Feels tingly and cool when applied
- Smooth, lightweight texture
- Multiple uses:Serves as a smooth base for foundation. Mattifies skin. Can be blended with BB creams, foundations, tinted moisturizers and the like.
- You can mix some with your concealer and you have your very own good-coverage foundation
- Controls oil without making skin look powdery, dry or patchy
- Did not break me out even after I slept with it on
- Reduced and controlled my acne to a great extent
- Long-term use reduced pore size
- One tube lasts long and the quantity & quality justifies the price
What I don’t like about TBs Tea Tree Pore Minimiser:-
- Availability. There are very few TBS stores in India and most online shopping websites in India don’t stock TBS products.
- Does not shrink pores instantly as claimed (when used alone).
- Although it does control oil to some extent, it failed to make skin “look” matte when used for touch ups. Well, that’s what a “mattifier” is supposed to do, right?
- Some may not like the balmy, herbal fragrance (I simply adore it!)
This is soooo what I was looking for: A primer that’s good for my skin! This does not really “fill” pores to make them appear non-existent, but it surely minimizes pores and mattifies fairly well when mixed with a BB cream or blended directly to foundation and then applied. I’ve been using this for almost 2 months now mixed with Maybelline Clearglow BB cream and the combination has been working wonders on my oily, acne-prone skin. Needless to say, this has become an integral part of my skincare routine and I’d surely recommend it!
Have you tried Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser?
You might like reading these also:-
- Deborah Milano Rossetto Atomic Red Mat Lipstick 02 Review & Swatches
- The Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Shimmer Body Lotion Review
- Saturday Favourite
- BeYu Catwalk Lipstick NO.67 Review And Swatches
- Vega Face Cleansing Wet Sponge Review
- Wise She Best Of Makeup & Beauty Products
- How To Choose The Perfect Winter Coat
- False Pregnancy/Molar Pregnancy Symptoms
- Coastal Scents Liquid Eyeliner Jet Review
- Illamasqua Sheer Lip Gloss Opulent Review & Swatches