Before you think I am some chameleon and change colors let me clear the air. These 3 colors are the colors of my 3 favourite MAC Blushes. The colors that I wear almost everyday.
My evolution as a makeup lover happened slowly starting from a casual lipstick past my 10th grade. From childlike soft nude lips to bold pinks/ red statement lips. From simple innocent kohl to cat eyes with dark eyeliners. From simple dabbing of eyeshadow on the eyelids to smokey eyes. But blush was always on the back bench. Maybe because I thought I couldn’t pose it well and would end up looking as if I have been slapped across my face or like a Japanese doll with apple cheeks. But after being introduced to these 3 gorgeous shades. . I can safely say my cheeks live in them
A right blush color for your skin tone can give you the right amount of healthy flush on the face and saves you from the washed out and pale look.
|Color||Reddish/ Brownish / Orangish||Peachy / Coralish||Pink|
|Type||Sheertone/Shimmer||Sheertone / Matte||Matte|
|Skin Tone||Very Fair/Fair/ Medium/ Wheatish/Dark||Very Fair/Fair/ Medium/ Wheatish||Very Fair/Fair/Medium|
|Moods||Evening/ Special occasion / Diva looks/ Contoured face/ adding shimmer||Summery/Girly/Carefree/ Romantic / Soft natural cheeks||All Season/ Romantic / Femme/ Love struck/No makeup – makeup|
MAC Sunbasque , MAC Mocha and MAC Peaches
- Pigmentation – 5/5 (Needless to say it’s a MAC)
- Longitivity – 5/5 (Stay throughout the day on my dry skin. Oily Skin may need a touch up)
- Price –3.5/5 (INR 1350 each)
- Packaging – 5/5
Will I buy it again? – Well these will last me for a life time. I can pass it on as heirloom I guess
These have become the primary colors of my cheek. I recommend the first timers to use a similar palette with different intensity colors depending on your skin tone.
|Yellow under tone||Day/ Office wear/Soft looks/ Summery/Girly|
|Blue undertone||Day and Evening/ Soft cheeks|
|Red undertone||Evening/ Statement contoured face / Shimmers and Glitz|
My skin tone – Very Fair to Fair. MAC NC26 Foundation shade. Skin Type – Very dry
Also to get the right blush on your face, do invest in a good round blusher brush. It goes a long way.
You might like reading these also:-
- Nivea Lait Crème Nourissant Review
- NYX Lip liner Pencil 852 Pumpkin Review & Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Trax Review & Swatch
- Wise She & Auravedic Valentines Giveaway Winner
- L’oreal Magic Perfecting Base Face Primer Review
- Best Colored Contacts For Brown Eyes
- MAC Fluidline Eye Liner Gel Macroviolet Review, Swatches & EOTD
- Think Skin Aloe Vera and Shea Butter Body Lotion Review
- The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub Review
- Lord & Berry Eyeliner in Black/Brown Review & Swatches