Winter always makes me crave soups and those soups usually end up being very creamy and heavy. A few days back, I decided to try a soup that is just as creamy and delicious, without being too heavy and settled on a simple carrot soup.
Creamy Carrot Soup Ingredients:
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves, minced
- Carrots – 500g, peeled and chopped
- Vegetable stock – 4 cups
- Red chili powder – to taste
- Salt – a pinch (plus more to taste)
- Pepper – to taste
- Soya sauce or lemon juice – 2-3 tbsp
- Dried herbs (optional)
Method & Preparation:-
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and sauté the onion and garlic for 5-7 mins.
2. Add the carrots plus the red chili powder, pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Cook all the veggies for 5 mins and then add the vegetable stock.
4. Let it come to a boil and then cover and simmer the broth and veggies for 20-30 mins, until the carrots are cooked.
5. Cool slightly and then puree the soup until it reaches the consistency of your choice – you can make it completely smooth or leave it slightly chunky.
6. Add soya sauce or lemon juice to the pureed soup. This will add saltiness and taste to the slightly sweet soup. Then, add more salt and pepper if needed.
7. Garnish with dried herbs of your choice. I used Italian herbs.
Even though this carrot soup has no cream, it is still very creamy and filling, not to mention healthy. It pairs very well with some garlic bread or even a light salad.
Do you have a favorite soup recipe for winter? Do let me know in the comments!
You might like reading these also:-
- Top Five Egg Benefits And Easy Egg Recipe (Dimer Jhol)
- Mushroom recipe – Mushroom quiche with step by step picutres
- Spicy Mushrooms in fifteen minutes with pictures
- Leftover recipes-Easy aloo kofta