I love Lush and the fact that there were discount everywhere since last month just made me go bonkers…Winters are when I typically slather myself in lotion multiple times a day. To this end, I buy a lot of TBS but this year I thought of going for Lush and along with some other goodies, picked up the Lush Handy Gurugu Cream
About Lush Handy Gurugu
Helpful, heavenly, herbal hand cream. Our creative buying team travelled for 15 hours on a rickety bus, along pot-holed roads to find the villages where our shea butter is handmade by the local women. Our shea butter is the freshest, loveliest and most fragrant that you can get your hands on. To make Handy Gurugu, we blended shea butter into rose water with another six natural oils and butters, plus soothing essential oils. It’s a truly fabulous, easily absorbed hand cream that the team have all been using daily and nightly since we first got our hands on it. It makes a big difference to your skin and an even bigger difference to the people who make the shea butter.
Ingredients: Rose Water, Shea Butter, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Organic Almond Oil, Triethanolamine, Fresh Organic Lemon Juice, Vanilla Absolute, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Organic Cold Pressed Evening Primrose Oil, Organic Peanut Butter, Organic Pumpkinseed Butter, Organic Cashew Butter, Organic Almond Butter, Tincture of Benzoin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methyl Ionone, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Coumarin, *Geraniol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Chlorophyllin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben *occurs naturally in essential oils
My experience with Lush Handy Gurugu:-
- Packaging – This comes in a tub which some would say isn’t too hygienic but I don’t mind since I’m used to scooping out lotion and body creams from tubs anyways
- Color & Texture – This cream is a creamy off white color and thick in texture..It’s not as thick as TBS body butter though and gets absorbed very easily.
- Fragrance – This smells like shea butter with a tinge of rose water and a faint fragrance of almond oil. After application though it smells like talcum…yeps..you read right..talcum. And the fragrance lasts eons!
My Verdict:Lush Handy Gurugu :-
I’ve been using TBS for years and years and was frankly bored of the same scents over and over. Not to mention I find body butters too thick to apply on my hands at work since they take a while to get absorbed…So when I told the SA this, she was most happy to let me try out Handy Gurugu…And Girls, I was sold at first trial!
One needs a very tiny amount and I use this all over my arms and hands. And I’m set for about 3hrs atleast! For my skin in winters, this is an achievement and I imagine the effects would last longer during summers..It’s not the least bit greasy (unless you scoop out a ton of product) and absorbs fast, leaving my skin baby soft..I’m not going to use adjectives like silky, etc coz it doesn’t make my skin silky at all..just moisturized and nourished which is exactly what I want.
And the Talcum fragrance is soooooo lovely…It’s not the sharp kinds which irritates my nose but softer and lingers on for long..At times, I just sniff my hands in the middle of work and find it comforting in some weird way..
What I like about Lush Handy Gurugu:
- Super moisturizing
- 1 tub will last a long time considering how little is required for each application
- I love the talcum fragrance
- Makes my skin super soft and nourished.
- Effects last a long time…
- Lush doesn’t test on animals.
What I don’t like about Lush Handy Gurugu
I don’t hate anything about it except that some may find it pricey…Which is why all hail sale time!
More Lush Temptation Below :-
You may also like reading:
- Top 5 Lush Cleanser Reviews
- Lush Igloo Sugar Scrub Review
- 5 Lush Lip Scrub & Lip Tint Review
- Lush Chilli Tingle Review and Swatches
- LUSH Fresh Farmacy Face Cleanser Review
- Lush The Jilted ELF Shower Jelly Review
- LUSH Snow Fairy Lip Tint Review, Photos & Swatches
- Lush Candy Cane Soap Review
- Lush Valentine’s Day Special
- Lush India Amazing Offer
- Lush Brazened Honey Face Mask Review
- Lush Snow Cake Soap Review
- Lush Angel’s Delight Soap Review
- Lush Snow Globe Review
- Lush Pow Wow Lip Scrub Review
- Lush Oatifix Face Mask
- Lush Ultrabland Cleanser