I know a lot of girls who swear my Vaseline for everyday skin protection for chapped areas..I remember during college time, every girl has a tiny 5buck tub of Vaseline in their bags to be whipped out fashionably in the washroom in front of everyone (Those were simpler days eh?) I was never part of that hoard..not because I didn’t want to, but simply bcoz I was allergic to petroleum jelly. No would believe me when I told them..in their eyes Petroleum Jelly was God and the news that it may cause skin darkening, etc had yet to hit the markets..
I discovered Burts Bees when I started working 3yrs back thanks to an aunt who kept me well supplied with their lip balms like the BB Replenishing Lip Balm, BB Soothing Lip Balm and the BB Lip shimmers, etc…To read my reviews on them, pls click the names of the balms So I was set for quite a while and found true lip companionship with Burts Bees (Shh..Don’t tell my hubs ) But it was only last month when I came to know of another popular ingredient for skincare called Candellia Wax. I came to know about this at Lush when the SA saw my sad lips and steered my towards Lush Ultrabalm, a multipurpose balm which I will be reviewing today.
About Lush Ultrabalm
Our moisturizing, all-purpose balm is made with plant waxes and nothing else. No petroleum jelly, no mineral oils – just natural goodness. Ultrabalm is versatile because we keep it simple, with only three naturally effective ingredients. We also believe in using the best quality organic, fair trade and vegan (whenever possible) ingredients in our products. Our mix of candelilla wax and organic jojoba oil is a vegan alternative to beeswax; it creates a protective barrier on the skin and locks in moisture, while rose wax soothes irritations. Apply to scrapes to relieve discomfort, to tame flyaway hair, or even as a lip balm.
Lush Ultabalm Features:-
- Simple, effective skin care: Simplicity at its best, for those who love no nonsense skin care.
- Ultrawhere and everywhere: Ultrabalm is our multi-purpose wonder and can be used anywhere – dry heels, chapped lips, and even on fly away hair.
- Vegans and non-vegans rejoice: Candelilla wax (a vegan alternative to beeswax) helps the skin retain moisture.
My experience with Lush Ultrabalm:-
- Packaging – This comes in a round, medium sized tin box.
- Color & Texture – The balm is a pale yellow and looks thick in the tin…but it melts easily with body temperature…So I don’t store this in the fridge at all..I just move my finger(s) over the surface in a circular manner and the balm melts onto my finger.
- Fragrance – This doesn’t have a significant scent at all.
My Verdict:Lush Ultrabalm:-
I like that this balm isn’t too complicated….not in ingredients nor in usage. Just 3 ingredients make a wonderful multipurpose balm. I’ve used it on my lips, elbows, knees and other dry, chapped areas. I found it to be of utmost help with my dry, thick elbows and knees. In just 5-6days my skin has become baby soft. It’s great to soothe dry areas of my face too like the dry area on my eye lids or my nose. I did use it on my lips but it didn’t seem to do much other than soften the skin. I don’t blame it on this balm though since my chapped lips is a chronic condition I face during winters that goes away only once summers arrive.
The description also says that it can be used to tame wayward hair and it does…but not for too long…in about 2-3hrs the errant strands will again listen t no reason unless u slap on some more…I don’t mind using it repeatedly since it contains jojoba oil which protects the strands from any damage. With the pricing though, I wouldn’t put it under the must-hav tag for all. If you’re comfy with Vaseline, then no harm in sticking to it..but if you’re allergic to petroleum jelly like me and can’t find anything else then do give this a go
What I like about Lush Ultrabalm:-
- Very innovative concept
- Easy to use
- Very moisturizing
- Lasts a decent amount of time
- The effects last longer than most body butters around.
- Makes my skin moisturized and silky to the touch
- Fragrance is pleasant.
- Didn’t break me out and would suit all skin types.
What I don’t like about Lush Ultrabalm:-
Some may not like the fuss involved in using this.
Have you used Lush Ultrabalm?
You may also like reading:
- Best Of Lush Shower Gels & Jelly Reviews
- Lush Sea Vegetable Soap Review
- Lush You Snap the Whip Review
- Lush Dreamwash Smoothie Review- Sunburn Cure
- Lush Ultrabland Review|Lush Ultrabland Cleanser Review
- LUSH Colour Supplement Jackie Oats Review
- 6 Lush Face Mask Are Here!