Last week I showed you the cream color base I bought from the pro store. I actually just swatched it on my arm and bought it as the SA must have got scared looking at me since i had a flowing nose and a voice like a man, I did not want her to go through the torture of her trying something out on my face (I could tell by the look on her face that she was very relieved!!) Anyway, moving on, let’s see how the impulse purchase turn out! By the way to the best of my knowledge, this is a pro product.
We all know that cream color bases are products which are multi use. They can be used on cheek, lips and eyes. However there are some shades that cannot be used on the eye area and this is one of them (said so on the accompanying leaflet in the box).I did try a bit on my eyes and it creased within no time .So the warning is correct!
The color: True to its name, the color is a pure coral color, leaning more towards orange than pink. It is absolutely devoid of shimmer, but because it is cream based it gives a soft glow when applied to cheeks and settles to a soft matte finish when applied to the lips. However, this shade looked too orange for my taste on my lips, so I mixed with MAC Cosmo and the resultant color was stunning!! On cheeks this gives a very nice coral-peach flush. Don’t be scared by the color in the pan or swatch. Once blended it is a very flattering color.
Packaging: Standard MAC packaging for all CCB’s, i.e. Black case with transparent cap and no applicator or mirror provided.
Pigmentation: One word: FAB!! Below is the swatch pic with one swipe: nuff said. The best part about this shade is it will suit most people. But very fair skin tones will need to sheer it out or use a stippling brush to apply it. In my opinion MAC 188 brush will work best. The color can be toned down by blending with your fingers and can be intensified by applying in layers. On lips one will need to apply a balm or gloss as this settles into lip lines but is not drying at all. It dries down to a soft matte finish.
MAC Cream Colour Base In Rich Coral Swatches:-
- Staying power: If used over foundation or primer, this will last pretty much the whole day. But, if applied on bare skin, the color starts to fade in about 4 hours leaving just a hint of color on the face. Similarly, when used as a lip color it stays on for 3 hours before it fades away completely
- Texture: I love the feel on this CCB . It feels like butter in the pan and glides on very smoothly onto the skin or lips. Blending is a dream as the more u blend; the more natural it looks and sinks into your skin giving a very natural flush. Here’s how it looks on me: CCB used as blush and mixed with MAC Cosmo on lips!
(Please excuse the dark circles which I have tried to conceal and flat hair. I have been ill, so not washing hair as frequently.)
To, sum it up, I would this is a good product to have in your kitty, but not a must have. Very oily skinned girls, stay away from this one or at least set it with a powder blush in a similar shade. And, do not wear it over a dewy finish foundation as it can make u look like an oil kadhai!
Take a closer look at how it looks on cheeks:
Summing it up:
What I like about MAC Cream Colour Base in Rich Coral:-
- Gorgeous coral color
- Multipurpose-can be used on lips and cheeks
- Buttery texture
- Fab pigmentation
- Easy to blend
What I don’t like about MAC Cream Colour Base in Rich Coral:-
- Pro store exclusive product (as far as i know)
- Cannot be used on eyes
MY rating: 4/5
Have you tried MAC Cream Colour Base In Rich Coral?
You might like reading these also:-
- Avon Little White Dress Skin Softener Review
- Lakme Absolute Fast and Fabulous Nail Color Popping Pink Review
- Mega Chambor Haul – Foundation, Blush & More
- Multipurpose Ointment Burt’s Bees
- Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner Espresso Review & Swatches
- Egg Face Pack For Oily Skin
- Lush Ultrabalm Review
- Sleek Blush By 3 in Flame Review And swatches
- Scholl Crème Reparatrice For Dry Feet Review
- The Body Shop Baked Bronzer in Warm Glow: Review, Swatches