We all know how a warm hug feels right?Cozy and comfortable and makes everything seem better.Now how about that in a lipstick that can be used anywhere and at anytime and instantly gives a natural polished look…In my book that is the makeup equivalent of a warm hug…Its MAC HUG ME lipstick.
This is a cult favorite amongst all MAC loyalists and for good reason.. It will instantly give you face a polished look without looking made up.Its perfect for daily use as I am pretty sure most us don’t wear our hot pinks and reds on daily basis.. be it to work or for grocery shopping.Also this lipstick stands by you when you want to go for a party as well and are all decked up with smokey eyes et all.This lippie is the makeup equivalent of a good boyfriend who accompanies you everywhere!!Why?Read on:
The colour: Mac describes this lipstick as “flesh pink”.It is one of those few nude liptsicks that have pink undertone ,so it does not make me look like i slapped on foundation on my lips.Hug Me looks natural yet polished .However I do need a bit of kohl when wearing this otherwise people tend to ask if I am ill.BUt then that’s OK as most of will at least wear some kohl when we step out…Its in the Indian Girls genes.This colour may not work on girls above NC42 …try it at the store.
The finish: Hug Me is a lustre finish lipstick. Lustre finishes are lightweight and glossy but are not highly pigmented.It gives a nice glossy look to my lips thus eliminating the need for balm or lipgloss.It also feels really light on.Also,when reapplied it does not look cakey and neither does it settle into lip lines.
please excuse me for the dry skin around the lips .. I have a terrible cold and Nothing I do seems to be helping…!
- Pigmentation: Like all luster finish lipsticks,this one also isn’t very high on pigmentation.If you feel that the lipstick is too light ,try with a nude lip pencil like MAC Spice .I wear it as it is or with Spice lip pencil and it looks good both ways,
MAC Hug Me Lipstick Swatch:-
Staying Power: I am a self confessed” lipstick eater” so most lipsticks anyway don’t last very long on me.This one stays on for 2-3 hrs without meals and then disappears completely.I don’t mind reapplying it as it does not settle into liplines on frequent reapplication and doesn’t dry out lips either.
Summing it up:
What I like about MAC HUG ME Lipstick:-
- Pinky nude lipstick that will look on fair to medium skin tones
- Gives a glossy finish so doesnt look like one swiped foundation across the lips
- Not drying
- Wont settle into liplines
- Good for office and also for parties when paired with smokey eyes
- No need for lipbalm or lip gloss due to the finish of the lipstick
What I don’t like about MAC HUG ME Lipstick:-
- Staying power could have been much better
- May not suit girls over NC42
All in all ,I would say this is a good everyday wear lippie from mac which would suit almost all occasions; be it work or a party.
Yesterday,we had gone to juhu(where the MAC PRO store is located)for some work and I decided to go have quick dekko at the store… and I fell in love with this CCB .I havent used it yet coz of terrible cold that I have..but this one definitely promises to be a winner.Have a look.It is MAC cream colour base in RICH CORAL.Just FYI girls,I though pro store prices would be highly inflated but they are not.Infact,the lip palletes that have 6 lipsticks are priced at rs 2300 and the blushes are the same price as the regular MAC blushes and lippies are 50 bucks cheaper.
Have you tried MAC Hug me lipstick?
You might like reading these also:-
- Revlon Scented Nail Polish Mon Cherry Review
- Maybelline 8 in 1 Beauty Balm Review
- Green Tea Face Scrub Suggestions
- A MAC Virgin’s Makeup Guide:Tips On Shopping At MAC And MAC Must Have
- Lotus Herbals Purestay Nourishing Foundation in Hazelnut Star Review
- The Body Shop Peppermint Pumice Foot Scrub review